Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OBD II Readines Monitor "trick"?

reviving this thread yet again, with the latest version 4.10.4, under the DTC fault list, there's more in there now in the drop down list:
    disabled
    misfire detest (mil blink)
    misfire detect (mil on x cycles)
    mil on (x cycles)
    mil on (after 5 seconds)
    mil off (stored fault)
    mil off (remove after x cycles)
    fault with service-tester
    misfire detect (mil, no blink)
    fule supply system
    driveability fault (non emiss.)
    driveability fault (emiss.)
    mil on (after 5 seconds)

if i want to disable the 0420 but still have it ready to pass emissions, which one do i pick now?

FWIW I have this issue with my 2018 Explorer - flashing a new tune requires a full month of normal driving before the OBD2 readiness is completed. The slowest test is the Fuel Monitor, it takes forever for it to complete.
    My 2014 Taurus SHO and 2017 Fusion Sport will complete all tests within 1 or 2 weeks of normal driving.

An easy way to check for this readiness is to turn the ignition on and wait to see if the Check Engine Light flashes before startup. If it flashes, it is not ready. I understand this is the GM tuning forum, but luckily my LNF doesn't have to pass any smog checks in Michigan.

i havent gotten an answer on this unfortunately. i had to reflash back to the stock file and do the drive cycle relearn to pass the emission readiness. there's a process of driving that you can do in a half hour that you dont need to drive and take a month to do to get the drive cycle to complete. this is in regards to GM vehicles and i dont know what's the process for Ford vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by fst100 View Post
    i havent gotten an answer on this unfortunately. i had to reflash back to the stock file and do the drive cycle relearn to pass the emission readiness. there's a process of driving that you can do in a half hour that you dont need to drive and take a month to do to get the drive cycle to complete. this is in regards to GM vehicles and i dont know what's the process for Ford vehicles.
    I've seen similar writeups on special driving cycles/sequences but I have 4 Fords and the 2018 Explorer takes over a month with the same driving sequence where the other Fords will set the OBD2 readiness within a week or a few days. I've noticed that it is much faster/easier in the hotter summer weather. I think it has to do with the O2 sensor monitoring for the Fuel System readiness. I'm going to make a few changes on the explorer to see if it will set readiness faster. Will see if it helps.

Just looked at my 09 SS Turbo LNF tune and there's nothing really for me to change for OBD2 readiness from what I can tell.

my post in #41 is what i see on my 2010 LNF hhr. i hope one of those is similar to the pcm setup found in older cars like my 2001 trans am where there's only like 3-4 and it plain fully says '3-no error reported'

If normal driving or doing the drive cycle doesn't work, it means you have a vacuum leak somewhere (usually) or the purge solenoid is clogged or bad.