Thread: Thank You..

Thank You..

I just want to say a quick Thank You to everyone who is willing to help others learn this "black art." I mentioned last year on a local board that I wanted to learn how to tune and had a couple basic Dyno questions (Straps and what NOT to do) and the immediate response was "Don't waste your time. Take it to So&So."
    I asked a couple more times if there was a way for me to learn more about the PCM/ECU and different parameters........ I got the same response with the added "There's so much in there, you're just gonna screw it up."

Oh come on... These experts weren't born this way, they had to start somewhere. It's a big help to have boards like this where people can share information. In addition to the massive help of serious industry professionals that are willing to hold courses, classes and seminars to teach people like us about these complex control systems. I mean, this is the next logical progression in the auto hobby. You learn so much about a system through parts, installs and research, then there's the other part of the vehicle that you've neglected to look into. And that is why most of us are here. Here's to a well-rounded gearhead!

Thanks for the help, guidance and wisdom.
    Last edited by Bayer-Z28; 08-06-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    2002 Z06 corvette. Heads cam. The usual.

Tuner
    Bayer-Z28,

Keep reading, tune slow and create a folder for driving logs
    ask question.

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS

I second that. Thanks to all who lend support and wisdom with a happy helpful spirit.

But unfortunately, even here, you will still find those who will talk to you like you should already know it all. A difficult problem to a newbie may sound simple to an experienced tuner, but we're not all experts.

I'm sure you've already heard....SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. And then search again.

I previously learned Autronic...started from scratch but luckily had a fellow tuner's phone number. He helped me with the hard stuff, primarily the stuff that keeps it from starting the first time. I tuned a custom turbocharged Honda Odyssey for the One Lap of America. I would say I became experienced and proficient, but not expert. Made a lot of power and never blew anything up. But looking at HP Tuners its a whole new ballgame...learning where everything is, what it does, GM's strategy, etc.
    So all the help I can get is appreciated!

Brad
    1968 Bel Air Wagon
    L92/6L80E