Thread: finally changed spark plugs

finally changed spark plugs

35,000 miles on these originals. tuned since 1,200 miles. they all look good to me, i was wondering what the rust color on the porcelain is just above the metal hex part. are these heat marks? i changed these because im starting to get a multiple misfires on part throttle acceleration always after coming out of pe like a highway pass 70-90mph mid boost like 12-14 psi (running richer than 14:1) but before dfco is enabled on decelaration. gonna do a log tonight to see if misfires are gone. car runs great full throttle. this only happens in 4th and 5th gear on the highway part throttle. if i let dfco enable before giving it part throttle it accelerates fine. seams to only happen if the remaining cylinder charge is richer than 14.7
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    sounds like you may have turned up your dals in the center and its boosting part throttle alot of tunes have that mistake in them.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

This misfiring issue just started a few weeks ago with no change in my tune, I'll post a log its running much richer than commanded during misfires. New plugs did not change problem still misfiring. anyone have a misfire config for the lnf? i forgot you need to log all cylinders in the chart to read which have misfire before my log last night. i attached a log and a screen shot of how rich its running sometimes. in this screen shot the timing is retarted for some reason to
    Last edited by '09SS; 08-11-2011 at 05:48 AM.
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Anyone have a misfire config for LNf? Car is breaking up part throttle almost everytime I make it do it. Could this be a map sensor issue? I have gmpp sensors

Just add the misfire pid's to your table and add a row in the charts for #1, 2, 3, 4 & total.I have one at home but it's usually more trouble than it's worth to try and get someone else's config to work on your computer.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I did one I don't get why I have misfires it was running great for while

Advanced Tuner
    Your foot is giving it 1/4 pedal but your throttle plate is almost wide open, your cat overtemp has PE at .71 and your ign timing is at -12 degrees? Why wouldn't it miss? I think a bone stock tune would be running better for you that what you've got.

Cat overtemp is disabled And I am not commanding timing like that in the tune