Thread: 2006 TBSS AWD TVS1900 etc

2006 TBSS AWD TVS1900 etc

I want your guys opinion on this tune, the vehicle is a 2006 TBSS AWD with a TVS1900 @ 6.5 PSI, Comp 222/224/ 566/568 on 112 cam, AFR 205 heads, Kooks 1 3/4 headers with cats, 100MM intake with LS3 style MAF and 60lb injectors. I just bought this thing last week. My take on the tune right now is

Truck did make 543AWHP and 700 torque and seems to run pretty good (idle, driveability etc), I bought it for my wife so I'd like to get it reliable and anything over 500HP is super!

My questions on the tune:
    #1. Are the injectors set up right? Looks set up for 42lb GM injectors? And only adjusted one table?
    #2. I've never tuned for the blade style MAF, anyone have comments about the good/ bad what we see here? Looks maxed out near the top?
    #3. Thoughts on the cam selection? I think it is all wrong but what do I know? I'm thinking 222/228 maybe 570 lift on a 115 would be better? Smog implications?

FINALLY, where I go from here:

I'm considering taking off the heads and going back to a 243 head, do you guys think this would slow her down enough that I could use maybe a 42 lb. green top injector and not have to scale the tune?

What's the limit of an LS2 MAF? The current intake setup is a bit shotty, and I would consider going back to the Magnuson designed intake tube.

Both of these thoughts are based around the idea that my wife does not need 543WHP, and if I can get things right at 500WHP that's just fine.

Thank you guys in advance.

do you have a log file at wot? 42lbs and 543awhp doesn't make sense unless your using a BAP. If you are, remove it and get some Flex Fuel 52lbs injectors or 60lbers in there.

To help out with coping with the maf freq, get a bigger maf in, gain some more hp and more resolution on the maf table.

Leading Edge Performance over a blower cam with a nice lope at idle. Proven to keep boost all the way to redline, tried and tested.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Sorry it does have the BAP. The physical injectors on there now are 60lb. but the IFR table in HP tuners reads like its tuned for a 42lb.

The cam passed smog today so I guess I'll stick with it for now, but any thoughts on whether it's leaving anything on the table or not are welcome.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds fun. I've been thinking of getting a TVS1900 for my TBSS here in L.A. as well, but wife is questioning the need (haha).