Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going to tune a LBZ

Advanced Tuner
    I've tuned a few trucks this way. Results were all similar and none have had any problems. I've never had a truck on a dyno for back to back testing, but can tell you that in vehicles this heavy, there isn't any real "seat of the pants" variation between 10% & 20% boost in a mostly stock truck. Track testing may reveal a different story, but i have no track data on these trucks either. If the truck pulls heavy loads, take the safer route unless you have a pyro gauge to monitor things.

Potential Tuner
    2000_SS

So, you would recommend 10% boost increase and 20% fuel? Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I can't really say for sure...you need to determine what the truck will be used for and preferably do your tuning with a pyrometer. I would give it more boost without worrying too much but too much fuel will melt pistons. Go in small increments and keep an eye on your exhaust.

Potential Tuner
    are there any updated versions of a 20/20 tune for a lmm? with my revision of HP under Engine/fuel there is only General with glowplug info and no Engine, Fuel, Diesel, Engine Speed Limit, Torque Limit (Normal).

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa1966 View Post
    are there any updated versions of a 20/20 tune for a lmm? with my revision of HP under Engine/fuel there is only General with glowplug info and no Engine, Fuel, Diesel, Engine Speed Limit, Torque Limit (Normal).
    Interested as well. Tuning an LBZ. Though, but should be very similar to an LMM minus the emissions crap.

Tuner
    I'm trying to tune an LBZ with mpvi2. Are any of these tables still here and I'm a little confused about this paragraph and trying to find these values? Up to this point was good. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thank you

Goto Engine, Fuel. Diesel, Base Injector Timing Main Pulse Timing, Default Low Alt Lo.
    Record upper left value. Open other Timing Default tables and record upper left value.

Note: Do not paste anything in spreadsheet top table. That is the new calculated injector timing.

Goto Fuel System, Fuel Pressure, Base Pressure Low Alt Lo.
    Copy table to spreadsheet.

Goto Engine, Fuel, Diesel, Maximum Fuel Quantity, Injector PW (pulse width).
    Copy table to spreadsheet.

Goto Engine, Fuel, Diesel, Base Injector Timing Main Pulse Timing, Default Low Alt Lo.
    Copy to spreadsheet.

Note: Make sure NO top table new timing numbers are more than 30*. Reduce, if necessary.

Copy top new injector timing table to HPT Engine, Fuel, Diesel, Base Injector Timing Main Pulse Timing, Default Low Alt Lo.

Copy new injector timing table into other altitude tables. Change each entire table by the difference value recorded above.
    Last edited by XxScottxXN; 04-25-2019 at 04:23 PM.