Thread: Stroker 416 First Startup - Tuning Help

Tuner in Training cornerburner27's Avatar

Stroker 416 First Startup - Tuning Help

Hey everyone,

I finished installing my L92 stroker 416 in my car yesterday. Today I fired it up for the first time which was an awesome experience despite the poor run quality. I had configured a tune based off of reading and research that I did. I dropped that tune into the car prior to the start. I have attached the tune and 3 run files collected from the short run sessions as it was difficult to keep running. I would appreciate some feedback as I would at least like to get it running well enough to collect some real data. I am not that familiar with the scanner and unsure if I am even collecting data that is useful. I am determined to get it running well soon as I need my car to get to school Thank you in advance for any help.

Also, here are some specs:

-Bosch 39lb/hour Injectors
    -15865791-GM Mass Airflow Sensor (Same as 06-07 Corvette) but in a 100mm housing
    "Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
    -Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Tuner in Training cornerburner27's Avatar
    So I ran the car again this morning, better results but I am still seeking advice. The VE tables were unchanged from the stock LS1 tune which I figured would certainly need to change for the now larger displacement. I took the prior tune and added 5% to the Primary VE, Secondary VE, and Primary Cranking VE tables. This definitely improved the run quality. I actually got it running for decent periods of time this morning (Although it will not idle), and from that I have attached 3 run files. The first run file was with the MAF attached, the second and third files were with the MAF disconnected. The car started easier and seemed to run smoother at higher rpm with the MAF disconnected. As a note, all of this data collection is with zero load. I am hoping that someone can help me find the right approach to getting the tune closer to where it needs to be. Thank you
    "Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
    -Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Senior Tuner
    Might have better luck posting in gen 3 section being as it is a 2000 camaro. Get a wideband asap. You have 2% tps all the time, get it to 0, and watch tps voltage, needs to be under .76v. add some air to raf table, make idle config to watch airflow.