Thread: mil while ve tuning

Tuner in Training

Angry mil while ve tuning

Hey guys. I went out the other day to work on my tune. After upping my rev limit 7 and doing low rpm ve tuning just like shifted's how to. I had dfco disabled and was in open loop just like it shows. It is on j-body.org under tuning and how to. I have used this method before but just now pushed to 7k rpms. Now I started high rpm ve and everything was fine then like the 5th time I took it to 7 I got this. P0130 H02S circuit closedloop(CL) performance B. As soon as I had a key cycle it turned right back off so What's going on here?

Senior Tuner
    Post the tune, be easiar to see and help.

I get that too on my Cobalt when I'm VE tuning and take it to redline. I think I read either on this forum or another one, that you should disable this dtc while VE tuning.

Just curious but why do you use ve tuning at higher rpms vs the maf? The maf is so much easier to tune/control at higher rpms. Just food for thought

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06cobaltss/sc View Post
    Just curious but why do you use ve tuning at higher rpms vs the maf? The maf is so much easier to tune/control at higher rpms. Just food for thought
    I haz no maf is why. GM fucked us j-body guys bad

I didn't know you guys didn't have a maf lol, but at the same time I was referring to Rush when he said he tuned VE to redline on his cobalt. I am a straight maf cobalt kinda guy and I have had great luck with it, so I was curious as to why he went VE.

As far as your issue though bro, I have no idea and wish I could help but I don't do much VE tuning. All I know is that certain codes need to be disabled and the maf needs to be failed, but in your case you don't have one soooo I don't know lol.

Actually just thinking about it, that code probably just means "hey you are forcing the car into closed loop" Which isn't a big deal and is obvious. I would ignore it and continue tuning as long as it doesn't effect anything.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06cobaltss/sc View Post
    I didn't know you guys didn't have a maf lol, but at the same time I was referring to Rush when he said he tuned VE to redline on his cobalt. I am a straight maf cobalt kinda guy and I have had great luck with it, so I was curious as to why he went VE.

As far as your issue though bro, I have no idea and wish I could help but I don't do much VE tuning. All I know is that certain codes need to be disabled and the maf needs to be failed, but in your case you don't have one soooo I don't know lol.

Actually just thinking about it, that code probably just means "hey you are forcing the car into closed loop" Which isn't a big deal and is obvious. I would ignore it and continue tuning as long as it doesn't effect anything.
    Your Last paragraph sums it up to a t. Lol.

Actually just thinking about it, that code probably just means "hey you are forcing the car into closed loop" Which isn't a big deal and is obvious. I would ignore it and continue tuning as long as it doesn't effect anything
    He is disabling closed loop, forcing it into Open Loop, and if you leave it that way and are not reflashing the ECU regualrly the ECU sees it and says hey something is wrong.