Thread: Any issues with Canadian cars?

Tuner

Any issues with Canadian cars?

Hi... I have a 97 (L36) Camaro and have had issues when installing a PCM from a US car. I have yet to get to the bottom of them, but my car does not like the US PCM

My question is will the VCM Suite software work completely on my car and do you have any Canadian customers running the software so far?

Thanks!
    1997 Camaro RS
    T3 Turbo intercooled.

Re: Any issues with Canadian cars?

The Canadian cars run different software and calibrations. We support both.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Cool! So I just specify which i have when I purchase? Or the software will handle both automaticaly?

Thanks
    1997 Camaro RS
    T3 Turbo intercooled.

you just need to order the correct package for your year/model according to your VIN number. An easy way to find out what year/model your VIN links to is to surf over to www.carfax.com and enter your VIN. We take care of the rest, there is no need to specify Canadian.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Freinds I am waiting you release the VCM Suite for my car a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24.

The detail is that I live in Caracas, Venezuela, the VIN number is different from US and Canadian ones, so how can I know if the VCM Suite will work properly in my car?

Regards,
    &&______________________&&Making my dreams a reality&&Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Elio
    Freinds I am waiting you release the VCM Suite for my car a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24.

The detail is that I live in Caracas, Venezuela, the VIN number is different from US and Canadian ones, so how can I know if the VCM Suite will work properly in my car?

Regards,
    We are working on the 4cyl J-bods. When it comes time we will work out the VIN issue We have customers throughout the world using our s/w to tune GM vehicles and haven't had a VIN problem we couldn't solve yet

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Thanks Chris I am waiting for it. I hope that the programs in our ECUs be the same of american/canadian ones or at least have small changes.

I don't think that GM Venezuela have used very different programs than american/canadian ones. Maybe different altitude, wheather temperature or minor changes due to gasoline differences, but the main and basic parameters should be the same. In fact we have the same speed and rpm limiters.

Friend I am open to hear your comments or suggestions about cases like mine.

Regards,
    &&______________________&&Making my dreams a reality&&Eliot

i wouldn't worry, i seriously doubt there will be any major differences. Usually, it's just emissions (laws and regulations specific to your country), and environmental related calibration changes (like if it's really hot in Venezuela, it makes sense to alter the fan on/off temps to suit etc.)

The basic software will be the same.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...