Thread: Could I use the VCM Suite in my car?

Tuner in Training

Could I use the VCM Suite in my car?

Hi friends, first of all I want to send you regards from Venezuela.

My name is Elio Troyano and I am pround owner of a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 with a 2.4L LD9 engine, a proud member of the J-Body Organization and a off course proud new member of HP Tuners forums.

Many people in the J-Body.org (JBO) have been waiting for this software that could help us tune our cars into a new horizon. In fact I am waiting too, the release of the new VCM Suite software for our cars, j-body plataform --> Cavalier, Sunfires with LN2 (2.2 OHV and 2200 OHV), LD9 (2.4 DOHC) and Ecotec (2.2 DOHC) engines.

I have been looking this forums and see some people talking about different program/calibrations in Canadian/American car ecus. So a I have a doubt, how can I know if the VCM Suite will work in my car? According to some friends (non GM related) here in my country, the ecu program should be quite similar to american/canadian ones, in fact maybe similar to canadian ones due to metric calibration system. But I am not really sure about it.

So, can you help me to clarify my doubt? or how can I know if the VCM Suite will work in my car?

Regards,
    &&______________________&&Making my dreams a reality&&Eliot

Advanced Tuner

Re: Could I use the VCM Suite in my car?

The quick answer is no, they don't have support for J-Bodies yet. To find out what vehicles are currently supported you can check out the order page, it lists all available make/model/years.

MC
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Tuner in Training

Re: Could I use the VCM Suite in my car?

Friend I know that j-bodies are not supported right now, but will be supported soon.

My questions are about the compatibility of the VCM Suite with not american version of supported cars. Like canadian and american case. Like American Camaro or Venezuelan Camaro, does this cars uses the same software version in their ECUs?

My Cavy is apparently the same here in Venezuela as in USA, body, interior, suspension, brakes, engines, etc,...... but need to check if software in the ECUs is the same or at least have the same basic parameters or variables.
    &&______________________&&Making my dreams a reality&&Eliot