Hello all,

I have planned for this winter to swap a new motor into my '00 Chevy S10. I have most of the bugs worked out with the exception of engine management. I'm going to be swapping from a 2.2 4cyl to a 5.3 8cyl. I have run accross your software , and think it MIGHT be able to help me, but am not 100% sure, thus creating a few questions.

I have been told that the S10's PCM has to be able to "talk" to the BCM in order for the truck to run. I know some things like automatic headlights, the fog lights, and a few other things are controlled by the BCM, and the PCM controls all of the engine/transmission functions. From my understanding if I was to purchase the the HPT software, I could "overwrite" the existing code in the PCM to the new code needed to run the 5.3, and I wouldn't have to worry about the PCM "talking" to the BCM as they would be the stock pieces, and I would think still work.

However if this is not the case (which I think it is not the case) then I would need to use the stock 5.3 PCM that I get with the new motor. Would getting the HPT software at that point help at all in getting the truck to run on the new PCM (i.e. helping the new PCM "talk" to the old BCM).

My overall goal here is to make the new motor work with the stock gauges that are in the truck. As well as to keep the "nice" options like speed controlled sound, and automatic headlights. If anyone has any help on this I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike D