Thread: Knock Sensor Desensitize

Knock Sensor Desensitize

Does anyone know how to desensitize the knock sensors in a 2004 Monte Carlo with a 3800 Supercharged engine?

I've read in the past it can be done and that these knock sensors seem to be really sensitive but it is always mentioned in passing without describing the actual practice of how to do it.
    HAI, 180* T-stat, Autolite 104's, NorthStar, Gen V, 1.8 SLP Rockers, SLP Ported Headers, Custom 3" Downpipe w/high flo cat, Dynomax Catback Exhaust, DHP PCM, Fuzzy Dice Mod.

ttt
    HAI, 180* T-stat, Autolite 104's, NorthStar, Gen V, 1.8 SLP Rockers, SLP Ported Headers, Custom 3" Downpipe w/high flo cat, Dynomax Catback Exhaust, DHP PCM, Fuzzy Dice Mod.

Advanced Tuner
    Good info here, rather than retyping. look at the spark & KR.

http://www.turbov6camaro.com/tune.htm
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Senior Tuner
    I multiply the High and Low table by 2 and then multiply the Fast Attack Rate Table by .5. Changes to the High and Low Tables are not really desensitizing them, but rather making it recover faster from a KR occurrence. The change to the attack rate will lower the amount programed by 1/2. If you are tuning the car properly always looking for KR as you go, these changes will put you in a really good spot.
    With the head work and all you have done, have you adjusted your IAT timing as well already?
    2000 Trans Am WS6