Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: tune by big name tuner shop, for your review

Tuner
    Just got sent this to review, this is one that was done by one of the forementioned fellows in this thread ironically enough. This is the one hes been driving around on currently, but there is another tune the owner had been using that melted down 2 engines in a row, despite sending data logs back lol. PooPoo on the owner though for not verifying anything with a wideband, but hes not all that up on what to do hence why he farmed the tuning out. This was powering a swap car with a twin turbo 5.3 that was rock stock right down to the cam (6800 fuel cut lol) on 15 psi. He is sending me the nuker tune shortly which ill post.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Just got sent this to review, this is one that was done by one of the forementioned fellows in this thread ironically enough. This is the one hes been driving around on currently, but there is another tune the owner had been using that melted down 2 engines in a row, despite sending data logs back lol. PooPoo on the owner though for not verifying anything with a wideband, but hes not all that up on what to do hence why he farmed the tuning out. This was powering a swap car with a twin turbo 5.3 that was rock stock right down to the cam (6800 fuel cut lol) on 15 psi. He is sending me the nuker tune shortly which ill post.
    WOW at the spikes in the VE table. Transmission shift tables could use some work. The wouldn't consider the 6800 anything big. Many people just like a turbo car to not hit fuel cut. If the car is an automatic I am sure it is setup to shift well before 6800 rpms

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    WOW at the spikes in the VE table. Transmission shift tables could use some work. The wouldn't consider the 6800 anything big. Many people just like a turbo car to not hit fuel cut. If the car is an automatic I am sure it is setup to shift well before 6800 rpms
    yeah the ve spikes are comical, but ringing it out to 6800 on stock valvetrain parts though? You can stick a fork in 5.3's stock by 5500.

I personally like how hard the ve table was hit because the boost EQ is set to 14.7 yet. knock sensor reporting was muffled too.

yeah the ve spikes are comical, but ringing it out to 6800 on stock valvetrain parts though? You can stick a fork in 5.3's stock by 5500.
    Yeah I know stock valve train will not be stable near that RPM. What I was getting at was it will never see that RPM because I am sure the shift tables are setup to bang out shifts around 5800 rpms

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    Yeah I know stock valve train will not be stable near that RPM. What I was getting at was it will never see that RPM because I am sure the shift tables are setup to bang out shifts around 5800 rpms
    Its a TH350 MVB behind it, so its up to the driver when the shifts happen, just happened to be the same PCM running the 5.3 that it came with from the factory and of course is a 4L60E.

Its a TH350 MVB behind it, so its up to the driver when the shifts happen, just happened to be the same PCM running the 5.3 that it came with from the factory and of course is a 4L60E.
    LOL well better hope he shifts around 5800-6000 rpms