Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 1.4.0 has been released!

VCM Suite 1.4.0 has been released!

Announcing HP Tuners VCM Suite v1.4
    HP Tuners proves again to be the most powerful tuning program available for your GM Car, Truck with the announcement of VCM Suite v1.4.

Adding to the already rock solid and lightning fast programming features, powerful editor and ease of use, comes additional features that will make your tuning experience even more enjoyable, powerful and intuitive.

Usability enhancements
    - Selectable resolution of displayed table data and editable resolution from 0 to 5 decimals.
    - Polynomial smoothing of table data. Smoothing can be done to the entire table or a selected area.
    - Graphic range coloring of displayed Table Editor data allowing enhanced visualization of data and modification direction.
    - Quick edit feature. Increment/ decrement of single or selected table value data via +/- keys.
    - editing "Favorites" menu that allows a quick access to your most used table
    - expanding "Edit" menu to allow direct access to tabs

Editor capabilities
    In addition to the new user features there are new editable parameters to tune.
    - V8 Deceleration Fuel Cutoff parameters (14 constants, 11 tables).
    - P1514 for V6 engines
    - numerous Electronic Throttle RPM and Speed limiter parameters
    - enhanced speedometer editing that provides a much more intuitive interface for gear/tire changes on V8, V6 rear wheel drive, transaxle and front wheel drive vehicles

VCM Suite Pro Enhancements
    These new VCM Suite Pro features are a must for all serious mail order and advanced tuners. Again HP Tuners is leading the way with even more industry first's and powerful features.
    - "TunerLock" feature that enables locking of the tune within the PCM. Tunes can only be unlocked by the cable and software that locked them. Protect your hard earned tuning knowledge!!
    - VATS relink capability. A must for the serious mail-order tuner for vehicles that use serial VATS. Programs the PCM to link with the first vehicle it is installed in.
    - enhanced Flash feature for VIN reprogramming, TunerLock and VATS relink. Tunerlock, relink VATS or reprogram VIN safely and in a lightning fast 30secs.

Bugs fixed
    - Code 9 error when using the Histogram window.
    - "no open ports" cable status when open ports are present.
    - Increased max frames from 10,000 to 50,000 (Increase in 5MB RAM Usage), approx 83 minutes at 10FPS.
    - DTC reporting for trouble codes over P1000.
    - new file format revision to prepare for future products. (logs from 1.3.0 can still be opened)
    - Improved Scanner Init routines.
    - "unable to set visible property" error.

These new features and additional descriptive material has been added to the ever-expanding help system.

1.4.0 is considered a critical update and we strongly recommend all of our customers upgrade!

As always, first class customer support comes standard with HP Tuners VCM suite.

We hope you enjoy the new features!!

How to obtain 1.4.0
    To login and download your new update you will have to go here: http://www.hptuners.com/login.html

Enter your login information.
    Examples of valid Customer ID's (0000000001, 00000A0001, 0000001001, etc.)
    Enter your entire Customer ID (Cable Serial ID) including all preceding zero's. Your VCM Suite ID # is your Customer ID #. It is a total of 10 digits in length.

Your Customer ID # can be found using the VCM Suite Info found under the Help menu of both VCM Flasher and VCM Scanner.

Your password would be the e-mail address you used to paypal us with when you purchased your product. If you contacted me directly and informed me that that e-mail address was no longer in-use, it is the new e-mail address you supplied me with. If you purchased through other means then it would be the e-mail address you contacted us with.

Please note that you must install this update over an existing functioning CD installation. You cannot install this software on a machine that has not had the original CD installation installed or you will receive errors.

On the Horizon:
    Wide Band 02 Integration! (WB02 is currently in beta testing)
    Ecotec and other 4 Cylinder Vehicle Support!
    New and Improved Scan tool to support a wider range of vehicles and offer more power and usability!

- The HP Tuners team.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner

Re: VCM Suite 1.4.0 has been released!

You guys rock! Thanks for the hard work and quick updates!
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Tuner in Training

What degree polynomial is that? LINEAR, 2,3,4,5,6??

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    What degree polynomial is that? LINEAR, 2,3,4,5,6??
    Its really a custom algorithm of the area around the cell. Every time smoothing occurs, data is taken from the immediately surrounding cells to help calculate the new value of the cell. Every cell is generated using the original unmodified table data and then written as the new table. Further smoothing uses the new data for processing.

Linear has proven to flatten tables, obviously. We tried linear for our previous 1.3.3 version of code. It was a nice intro to our new equation.

Trying to curve larger areas of grahps has proven to be useless on many of the tables. Many tables ramp up and slope off so quickly that calculating an accurate slope would be quite random.

Our current method of smoothing seems to work very well on just about all of the tables you will find. We hope you enjoy it!

Tuner in Training

That wideband o2 feature sounds awesome. I'm just curious as to how that's gonna work, is it gonna go through the pcm somehow or go straight to the laptop? Keep up the good work guys.
    2000 Trans Am M6

Prolly an adapter or so that sits between the serial port and the cable thats an A/D converter that accpets inputs. Just a guess though

Tuner in Training

The poly rocks,1 question, how does the 2-d graph editing work, I tried almost every key/mouse stroke I can think of.

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by keving
    The poly rocks,1 question, how does the 2-d graph editing work, I tried almost every key/mouse stroke I can think of.
    The editable 2-D graph did not make it into this update.
    I want that feature more than anybody, but Chris and I can only hammer Keith so hard

That along with import/export/compare and a few other tricks up our sleve will be in our next update.

Ken

Tuner in Training

I LIKE the new table coloring. Very nice touch!

Still no injector pulsewidths in the scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by P_Mack
    That wideband o2 feature sounds awesome. I'm just curious as to how that's gonna work, is it gonna go through the pcm somehow or go straight to the laptop? Keep up the good work guys.

I asked the question a while back and was told that it would completely replace my existing unit. I wasn't told if the price would be cheaper for existing user or not though. You can check the thread out here, It is on page 2 about the seperate unit. I have a TechEdge 2B0 System installed that I would love to get the Wideband Data integrated between the two.

Tuner

after the 1.4 install I cannot open the editor on both my laptop and my desktop. OS is XP Pro. The scanner and flash open fine. but when I try to open the editor I get "VCM Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." on both machines. Any ideas?

One other thing is when I check the VCM Suite Info I get
    VCM Editor: 1.3.0
    ERR:
    VCM Flash: 1.4.0
    ERR:
    VCM Scanner: 1.4.0
    ERR:
    VCM Suite Opt: 0 0 0 0

Just e-mail me your customer ID # and we'll put new software up for you.

Tuner

OK I tried doing an uninstall, then reinstall from the CD, all worked well. versions showing 1.2.3 for everything. Then I did the 1.4 update and the version for the Editor is still showing 1.2.3 flash and scanner showing 1.4. Also the editor will not open again. It looks like the editor is not getting updated correctly.

Tuner

Once again the best suppport ever heard of comes through again. Its all fixed now thanks to Keith

I'm having a hard time getting it to run.

I've downloaded it a number of times, and each time it's a different size. Anywhere from like 896kb to 1.3mb.

I have to transfer it to my non-internet-capable laptop, via floppy.

When I go to install it, I keep getting an error: "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."

I'm running v1.2.3 for '04 GM trucks.

Any ideas?

--------------------

EDIT: Problem solved. Ended up getting the laptop networked, and the .exe completely downloaded.

So far, looks great! There's A LOT of new stuff to play with... THANKS!
    \'04 Silverado SS. (6.0L, 10:1, 4.10\'s) Dynatech headers and cats, B&B cat-back, plugs + wires, VHP 210/218 .531/.531 112, VHP 1.89 rockers (.562\").

Please e-mail me directly.

For all future installation issues, please e-mail me directly with your question and customer ID #.

Thanks!

Tuner

Thanks for the update.

I like the coloring and smoothing. I haven't been able to mess with much else at this point.
    1998 Trans Am&&1989 Mustang GT

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

very kewl
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Thanks for the update, this looks great especially the added info in the help section

One question though, under the "fuel control" table it looks like a new section is added called "DFCO" what does that stand for.

Deceleration Fuel Cut Off

I count sheep in hex...