Thread: oil pressure tt ls2

Advanced Tuner

oil pressure tt ls2

can anyone post a log of a wot pull that logged Oil pressure?

I have a twin turbo ls2 and just started logging oil pressure . idle is now in the low 20's at idle and 35 at 3k and 40 at 7k, before i dont remember seeing it ever below the 40 mark at idle.

gm's min spec is only 6psi, at idle and 24psi, releif valve opens at 54psi

should i upgrade my stock oil pumo to a meling high volume high pressure pump?

Damn. I idle with 55 and get up to 95-100 at WOT.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

??? Spun rod bearing??? I see 45 at hot idle and 95+ at 6k. I'm sorry man
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Advanced Tuner
    i seriously doubt that i spun a bearing already, its always been low since the first key turn installing the twins.

what oil pumps are you both using?

Stock LS7.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Stock L76 with a a mild home porting job.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Need oil temps to quote pressures. I was seeing 17 at idle after lapping around an HPDE last weekend but oil temps were ~260. At ~200 degree oil temp I see ~30 PSI at idle. I have a Melling high volume pump with a stiffer spring installed to increase the relief pressure.

I would suspect its the oil lines you tapped for the UPP TT kit, which do not have oil restrictors, that are the cause for the lowered pressure.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Need oil temps to quote pressures. I was seeing 17 at idle after lapping around an HPDE last weekend but oil temps were ~260. At ~200 degree oil temp I see ~30 PSI at idle. I have a Melling high volume pump with a stiffer spring installed to increase the relief pressure.

I would suspect its the oil lines you tapped for the UPP TT kit, which do not have oil restrictors, that are the cause for the lowered pressure.
    Fantastic Point!

Carl- Are you just now getting it together and tuned? If so what 5_Liter_Eater said would be your exact problem.

If it's been running for awhile and it was 40 but is now in the 20's you have other problems.

-Robbie.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Advanced Tuner
    its been in the 20's since the turbos were installed. i think its just where its tapped in. f' it. Turbo journal bearings F T L

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    its been in the 20's since the turbos were installed. i think its just where its tapped in. f' it. Turbo journal bearings F T L
    Ooooh! OK, well in that case your probably good. Is there any way you can restrict down the fittings for your oil lines. Your loosing both volume and pressure there.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Ooooh! OK, well in that case your probably good. Is there any way you can restrict down the fittings for your oil lines. Your loosing both volume and pressure there.
    removing the -4 lines and replacing them with -3 would help me out a little, but i think im good for now,

thanks guys.

Go up (numerically) in viscosity on your next oil change. Thats one thing I wouldconstantly worry about with a TT kit is whether my turbos are getting enough oil or too much oil.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post

Getting about 30-40 with the Jimmy at idle. Stock pump with 80K miles. Not an LS, but is a twin turbo. Let me know if you want to try the oil I'm using. We can supply you with some at the shop.
    Jaime

Here is my LS2 Corvette with the Z51 option with 34,000 miles:

38 lbs at 750 rpm with oil at 90F
    28 lbs at 675 rpm with oil at 190F
    42 lbs at 3000 rpm with oil at 192F
    46 lbs at 4400 rpm with oil at 205F
    56 lbs at 5500 rpm with oil at 189F
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Advanced Tuner
    thanks