Thread: Aus Ford Bf & Fg Models Zf 6 Speed Auto Support

Tuner in Training

Aus Ford Bf & Fg Models Zf 6 Speed Auto Support

Dear HPT,

The are 34 different Australian Ford models from 2006 onwards (that I am aware of) that have the ZF 6 speed automatic transmission. HP Tuners software supports the engines in these models but not the automatic transmission. The 6 speed ZF automatic transmission is a beautiful piece of engineeing capable coping with huge engine torques but it is critical to adjust its parameters to ensure it doesnt flare. The tuned turbos can make well in excess of 1000nM of torque which will cause the ZF transmission with standard parameters to flare . If it flares it can be easily irrepairably damaged.

The australian models I am aware of that use the ZF transmission are listed below:

1. FORD BF-I FALCON
    2. FORD BF-I FALCON SR
    3. FORD BF-I FAIRMONT
    4. FORD BF-I FAIRMONT GHIA
    5. FORD BF-I XR6
    6. FORD BF-I XR6 TURBO
    7. FORD BF-I XR8
    8. FPV BF-I F6 TYPHOON
    9. FPV BF-I F6 TORNADO
    10. FPV BF-I FORCE 6
    11. FPV BF-I GT
    12. FPV BF-I GT PURSUIT
    13. FORD BF-II FALCON
    14. FORD BF-II FALCON SR
    15. FORD BF-II FAIRMONT
    16. FORD BF-II FAIRMONT GHIA
    17. FORD BF-II XR6
    18. FORD BF-II XR6 TURBO
    19. FORD BF-II XR8
    20. FPV BF-II F6 TYPHOON
    21. FPV BF-II F6 TORNADO
    22. FPV BF-II FORCE 6
    23. FPV BF-II GT
    24. FPV BF-II GT PURSUIT
    25. FORD FG FALCON
    26. FORD FG G6
    27. FORD FG G6E
    28. FORD FG XR6
    29. FORD FG XR6 TURBO
    30. FORD FG XR8
    31. FPV FG F6 TYPHOON
    32. FPV FG F6 TORNADO
    33. FPV FG GT
    34. FPV FG GT PURSUIT

If HP Tuners supported the ZF 6 speed automatic transmission I would buy it and offload my SCT XCAL3 box in a heartbeat. I believe others in Australia feel as I do.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I think we have one of these tcm's but currently have no short term plans to support them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Im one of many keen on this too, alot of us still use SCT Xcal3 to datalog because of the knock retard PIDS, and have to also keep it for the zf tuning. Im just about to get a zf tune, just a mild one, but to also get it to hold 3rd gear for wot when logging. Alot of us would also flick our SCT boxes in a heartbeat if HP could accomodate these two things, in my opinion, it is all the HP is missing.

I also would like Hp to further develop the Australian Fords. They are very popular here in New Zealand too.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the info bill. That really is a shame, getting on this forum and seeing the large percerage of diy tuners in the US is something i envy. Im in the same situation here and like we have said before hp is the only option guys like us have is just a shame that we have to use what appears to be a second rate product without the ability to tune the zf tcm. I went to the hp tuners course that mario and his staff ran in melbourne a couple months ago and he did say you guys had a tcm but couldnt confirm if anything would be done to support, which is a shame as they are a great transmission supporting good hp when modified slightly. The main thing we need is the access to shift pressures as when modified extra frictiond and steels are added and the pressures require adjusting accordingly. I did see you posted somewhere on here that you dont like being second best in terms of products, something that i admire, we understand that things wont change overnight for us here but just want to make sure we arent forgotten. There are a large percentage of tuners that will boycott sct in a heartbeat when i hp can rival it in terms af capabilities. For now we wait patiently