Thread: need help please (boost) on scanner

Tuner in Training

Question need help please (boost) on scanner

im trying to put the boost option in where map. is on my hp scanner i had the boost up but the numbers were way to high i seen somewhere that you need another option and then calculate something to get the accurate boost is this true and if it is does anyone have the other formula and can you tell me what i need to calculate im a beginner and trying hard to figure this out any and all help is GREATLY appreciated thanks!!!!

Tuner in Training
    and it is on a 2011 camaro ss if it matters

You need to be logging PID51 and PID11.. The simple way is [PID.11PSI]-[PID.51.PSI]

I use the following I modified from Arthur:

([PID.11.PSI]-[PID.51.PSI])*(([PID.11.PSI]<[PID.51.PSI])+1+(([PID.11.PSI]<[PID.51.PSI])*.04))
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Tuner in Training
    ok i have found everything but when i made the pid for the baro pressure and put the formula in and then try to scan the car it say unsuported parometer and if i put [PID.11.PSI]-[PID.51.PSI] it says my boost is unsuported i can take out -[PID.51.PSI] and my boost works its just not right so what am i doing wrong on the baro pressure i have tried a lot of different things and formulas so im sure its something small thanks for all your help can you put on here excatly what you have on your pid for the baro (name, abbreviation, ect.) or tell me why it is saying unsuported par. thanks again!!

Sounds like the Baro is not support by your car.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Just make your custom PID based on the MAP and subtract the ambient baro in your location... you can see your ambient by looking at the MAP with the key on, engine off with your scanning on.

Yes it will not auto compensate as you are using a fixed number but it doesn't change that much if you are staying in the same general location/altitude and on a particular day if you need too just adjust the fixed baro number before you take your data.

If you are going to do that you can find out what your Baro is at in your location usually from the weather channel.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Tuner in Training
    for some reason none of the formulas that i have tried worked i followed everyones instructions perfect and then changed some things to see if that would work and that didnt work ethier so i messaged hp suport and they told me how to do it i guess my computer in my 2011 camaro ss is different or something but to everyone that gave me advice thanks!! and im glad its finaily working thanks again everyone!!