Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demo Software

Potential Tuner
    Can you point me in the right direction what I need to delete vats and rear o2s I have a laptop I want to dedicate for tuning do I still need the hand held

Potential Tuner
    OK I give up and give in. I have downloaded the demo software and browsed around for quite awhile. and from searching around the forum and reading the FAQs I want to start expanding my knowledge on my vehicle. I do not feel comfortable yet with purchasing the entire tuning setup becuase i dont trust myself enough with the knowledge. With the Demo software I know i cannot change nor save anything. that is fine but can I use all other functions? monitor tables? monitor gauges? can I log it and go back after a pull and watch it or is that considered saving it?

I want to get a little more comfortable with the software and also how my vehicle is running and to see what its doing before i even humor the idea of changing stuff

I really did not want to start a new thread to ask this simple question but i could not find the answer anywhere.

THank you anyone who can help me out with this.

You'd need to have the software and cable to be able to save any log from your own personal vehicle.

The demo is just that, a demo. Just shows how the product works and what you might be getting into.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    my apologies for not stating the obvious of needing the cable. essentially i wanna be paul walker and have all my sweet gauges up in the passenger seat..... lol

on a serious note I am curious if I buy the cable to connect the laptop to the vehicle with the demo software alone can i monitor my personal vehicle to watch what it is doing? or do i need to purchase software to simply monitor my vehicle?
    07 AWD TBSS 3SS- 370 Iron, Forged, Custom Cam, 317s, Long tubes. Awaiting 88 millimeters of happiness
    78 C10- Under Construction. 454bbc? 5.3? above 370 with 76? who knows....
    I Bring Not The Rays Of The Sun, But The Thunderbolts Of Jupiter.

You need to purchase the VCM Scanner product if all you want to do is scan. If you decide to edit your vehicle at a later date, you can add credits to use with VCM Editor to your product, via the customer login page.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Awesome thank you Keith. So just to clarify. For 349. I can monitor and watch and save and datalog my vehicle. For 499 i can edit tables and change configurations change limiters etc. I have a 07 tbss with the 499 kit would i need to buy any extra credits or anything for it? I am sorry for the noob questions just has soent time watching and now im looking a little more into it lol
    Last edited by 1slo_camaro; 06-23-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Correct.

If you purchase the $499 VCM Suite kit, you will not need to purchase anything else (as long as you have a laptop) to tune your vehicle as many times as you like, and you'd still have 6 credits to use toward licensing down the road (VCM Suite comes with 8, you'll use 2 to license your TBSS).

Or, you can purchase VCM Scanner now, and if you decide you want to tune it down the road, you can purchase 2 credits from the customer login page at any time to be able to license and tune your truck.

Potential Tuner
    Awesome thanks Keith. this kinda sucks because it pushed me back a little further but cool to know!
    07 AWD TBSS 3SS- 370 Iron, Forged, Custom Cam, 317s, Long tubes. Awaiting 88 millimeters of happiness
    78 C10- Under Construction. 454bbc? 5.3? above 370 with 76? who knows....
    I Bring Not The Rays Of The Sun, But The Thunderbolts Of Jupiter.

Potential Tuner
    Just bought a Camaro that came with HP Tuners for some reason cant get it to download the CD to the laptop. it keeps telling me I need .net frameworks 1.1. when I look in my add/remove programs it shows it in their what else can I do.

Contact support to get the latest software, and you'll all receive access to your customer portal.

Potential Tuner
    Has there been a fix to allow 2.24 congig files to be opened in 3.0 yet?
    2009 G8 GT 430rwhp

Yes, the newest 3.0 fixes this.

Tuner in Training
    how do i update the demo version? i cant find where to do it. im getting the "unable to open file" messages.

i downloaded it again from the link in post # 1, but no change. where do i go on the homepage to download it? cant find that either.

thanks.

I installed the demo and then ordered the product. Went to install and it says I have a previous version installed and I need to uninstall it.

I go to "uninstall" and it says it cannot find the specified file. The file does exist at the specified location.
    uninstall.jpg

Windows 10 if that helps.

Thanks
    ~ Richard ~
    1992 Jeep XJ - Gen3 - 6.0LS, 4L80e, 4.10, 2wd

Tuner in Training
    Hey there ,

Have run the demo for a while. Works fine for review of tune files. I tried the scanner and cant get it to connect to car. Using and OBDII interface and it works fine with that app. Does program require a special interface ? Im just looking to view a log file , on my vehicle.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by VF1000R View Post
    Hey there ,

Have run the demo for a while. Works fine for review of tune files. I tried the scanner and cant get it to connect to car. Using and OBDII interface and it works fine with that app. Does program require a special interface ? Im just looking to view a log file , on my vehicle.
    Our software only works with our hardware.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I tried downloading it and I'm getting (VCM suite.msi file can't be downloaded securely). I have W11 it's probably not a windows approved file. Don't mind me I'm new at this sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet198 View Post
    I tried downloading it and I'm getting (VCM suite.msi file can't be downloaded securely). I have W11 it's probably not a windows approved file. Don't mind me I'm new at this sorry.
    I received this message when I was downloading one of the beta versions - can't remember which one. Seemed to be a MS Windows 11 issue as I clicked something like it was OK and don't ever remember seeing that message after that.

Tuner
    Bill, i dont understand. What is this new "demo" software? if it anything different that the stable or beta versions that are already out?

Senior Tuner
    Check the dates on these post.