Thread: Code Problems

Potential Tuner

Code Problems

Hello everyone ,
    My name is Jason i have a 06 ss/sc harrop and stock pulley/80lb inj/3"zzp intake/full 2.75 exhaust. i have been tuned by ottp not well and now he doesnt even reply to emails. Then i was turned on to BYT Tuneing ever since they tuned it i have been throwing P0101 almost every run. Also P0341 and P0172 intermidantly. all sensors have been replaced from the dealer maf/map/baro/tmap not the cam sensor yet they keep telling me its a vacumn leak iv checked it a hundred times as he did in person when i drove to him in the poconos. im out of options as to what this could be when it trips p0101 i feel a quick bump then clears out

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS GUYS AND GALS
    Last edited by piggy; 10-26-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Potential Tuner
    here is my log con fig

Potential Tuner

Smile

Bump

Advanced Tuner
    So this is a BYT tune? Is this the final product they left you with?

Does you cars RPM surge while at idle that you can see on the tach?

I am not ragging on the tune because every body tunes a little different but this tune still have PW adders which a lot of big injector cars dont like (yours could be different), some of the injector data still seems stock, then injector flow rate is should be a smooth line with no bumps, your VE has huge spikes in it, (it should be more smooth), some trq mngt stuff still should be looked at.

I am guessing they are not done tuning this...

Again not trying to seem like Im knocking on the tune, this is just from experience with tuning LSJs.

P0101 and P0172: You could be getting the MAF code due to the incomplete tune which goes along with the rich code.

P0341: Replace the cam angle sensor and see what it does...

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much for the info im really lost with tunning. Im just starting to try and learn hp now without blowing my motor. Yes as far as I know this is the finish tune done by them personally in my car with his software and interface. As you can imagine im not to satisfied I need to get this finished so I can move on with other issues its been 10 months since I commited to this tvs swap and bin regretting it alot lately

Potential Tuner
    Yes idle surges 4-5 times every stop then smoothes out and surges again.. I notice a little on tack but mostly sound. He finished tuneing me and said the p0101 was a bad maf and after I replace it limp mode would disappear and all good but as you see far from true so u don't think this is done .....story of my life lol wasted another $360
    Last edited by piggy; 10-29-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Holy crap! $360 is a lot of money for a tune... Especially a tune the customer is not satisfied with.