Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chuck at C.O.W. claims to have invented the only throttle booster

I don't think anyone here has a problem with someone branding and marketing something like a throttle booster. The problem everyone here seems to have is when Chuck says is the only one that can do this when we know better. Then he post on a public forum and challange someone knowing that if we do, the forum mods will delete what we say and even kick us off the forum.
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by printmanjackson View Post
    I don't think anyone here has a problem with someone branding and marketing something like a throttle booster. The problem everyone here seems to have is when Chuck says is the only one that can do this when we know better. Then he post on a public forum and challange someone knowing that if we do, the forum mods will delete what we say and even kick us off the forum.
    That is EXACTLY my problem. You are correct.

I do not disagree that the throttle in some vehicles can benefit from re-calibration...I don't necessarily feel his choice is the best way to re-calibrate it (in fact I'd argue it'd really depend on how ballsy the engine is off idle, and how big the throttle body is)...I just can't stand that he's saying ONLY he can do it, when that is not the case.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Thank you.

/thread
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Advanced Tuner
    Post deleted and a warning...

This is crazy... I think I have to pay to be a sponsor.... Lol

That's the game he plays. I told him here he doesn't have mods to hide behind because thankfully the HPT crew supports discussion. In light of that, all he did was send me some snarky private message because he knows he won't have an entourage of clueless stock Corvette owners to blindly reaffirm him as the second coming of Christ.

Hey guys, I'm the only one in the world who can remap your MAF calibration. The tables you see don't actually do anything. I spent seven years working on being able to change them. Now I can. Only me.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Dear Brice,

You have received a warning at Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com.

Reason:
    -------
    Violation of Forum Rules / Code of Conduct (First Violation) (Warning)

In order to provide a level of protection to our supporting vendors, we have a policy restricting the mention and/or advertising of competing products in a thread about a specific vendors products.

Further...while I don't fully understand your issue with the OPs topic-at-hand, I don't need to in order to recognize "thread-crapping"...which we also have a policy against. Please stop this posting activity, unless you're interested in having a non-confrontational conversation on the topic.

Thank you.
    -------

Original Post:
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3958737

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
    Well then.....I suggest you and your favorite tuners should get together and

start selling your own CoW BOOSTER!

It's been quite profitable for me, and everyone seems to love it...

Since it appears everyone can do it, you can make some money too....

Show us how it's done....
    Chuck CoW

It's very easy to do.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36621

By the way, your arguments are commercial bullshit. "NO OTHER TUNER WILL EVER OFFER THIS PRODUCT.

"
    And I don't like to lie to my customers.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Advanced Tuner
    Post deleted and locked on corvetteforum.

My last echanges with chuck were hot !
    I promise him to make a video on youtube to show to the world how bad I destroy E38 PCM.

Advanced Tuner
    by the rules it looks like you could start another thread and show them how to adjust it them selfs.
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Yep.

Become a sponsor and see what the real rules are

the inventor ?

look like ...
    deja vu .

[IMG][/IMG]
    The commanded throttle position, based on accelerator pedal position and possibly other limiting factors, is compared to the Actual throttle position. The 2 values should be within a calibrated range of each other. Both the PCM and the TAC module redundantly monitor the Commanded and Actual throttle position. How do you reconcile these values?

Also, HPTuners has a glaring Warning about adjusting these tables - WARNING!!! Modify this table at OWN RISK. Incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by seevi View Post
    The commanded throttle position, based on accelerator pedal position and possibly other limiting factors, is compared to the Actual throttle position. The 2 values should be within a calibrated range of each other. Both the PCM and the TAC module redundantly monitor the Commanded and Actual throttle position. How do you reconcile these values?

Also, HPTuners has a glaring Warning about adjusting these tables - WARNING!!! Modify this table at OWN RISK. Incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable.
    try it ... it works !

First copy paste "Desired Throttle Area A" values to "Desired Throttle Area C" values ...
    Then move the value one cell to the left.
    Last edited by Brice; 11-03-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Seevi

Absolutely... Yes, that's how the LS1 controllers work. These boys are confused as they

wrongfully assume that the E38 controllers work the same way.

While in principle they use the same type of redundancy check, E38 & E67

controllers work differently.

"SuperTuners" like Bryce, PRINTMANJACKSON, and DSTECK would like to believe that since they

were successful in changing throttle table in LS1 controllers that the same is

possible with the newer CAN BUS controllers.

HPT has done a great job in explaining how it works by making the tables available in their software...

Unfortunately, the SuperTuners will never have any success manipulating the ETC

tables in their vehicles....Simply, because they don't work.

Here's the challenge to the SuperTuners....

Interpolate the values (approximately is fine) and install the values from the

RED LINE in the CoW BOOSTER graph into ANY ETC table you choose.

Let's forget about changing them by 1% or shifting tables to the left...

LET'S BE MEN ABOUT THIS and try Chuck's RED LINE from the CoW BOOSTER GRAPH.

Load those values and have a whack at it!

OH, you don't have a stack of spare E38s hanging around just in case it don't work???

Ok then, maybe you better not try it....

Chuck CoW
    Last edited by Chuck CoW; 11-03-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Chuck Mosello - CORVETTE DOCTOR
    Corvettes of Westchester
    www.CORVETTES-OF-WESTCHESTER.com

Tuner in Training
    OK, stupid question. If it didn't work, couldn't you just flash the old values back? Or does the ECU permanently lock itself up?
    2003 GMC 1500 rcsb 4WD. LQ4, radix @ 7 psi, FLT Level 5 trans., 3.73 axle, 265 - 75 X 17 tires. Needs more bling.

HOLD ON RIGHT THERE COW BOY, I don't and never claimed to be some supertuner and know how to do this COW Throttle crap. You are the one that messed up my PCM with this throttle crap several years ago and I was just asking to see how you did it. You cost me $400 from what I can tell trying to learn? I had to buy a new PCM and you gave me a tune with something I didn't even ask for. I still have that tune and I can clearly see how you did it and you are lieing through your teeth when you say nobody else can do this. Infact I put my tune back like it was because I hated the way it acted. I did NOT speed my throttle up. Get your story straight!

Go peddle your COW shit and leave me out of your post from now own.
    Last edited by printmanjackson; 11-03-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    '02 Corvette
    LS6, MN6, LT's/X pipe and TI's, Honker CAI, AI 243 heads, PatG Custom Cam, FAST 102, LS2 TB, Red Top inj, HPTuners & NGK/AFX

When I get my Z06 back from the entirely new drivetrain install, I'll even take video. Lol.

We unbrick PCM's and ECM's

It depends....

Quote Originally Posted by GMC_DUDE View Post
    OK, stupid question. If it didn't work, couldn't you just flash the old values back? Or does the ECU permanently lock itself up?
    It depends.... If you're talking LS1 controllers, YES they fry themselves.

There is a window of adjustments you CAN make and if you step outside of that

window (which depends on the OS and the vehicle/TAC module) YES, LS1

controllers can become permanently disabled.

As for E38/E67 controllers, YES it is possible to ruin them by messing with the

ETC tables, but on occasion you can re-flash them and they will work.

With LS1 controllers, they are cheap but with E38 Controllers, they are triple

the price and my advice is NOT to mess with ETC controls if you don't know

exactly what you're doing. Besides destroying a pcm, the throttle (and engine)

can act very unpredictably leaving your engine and personal safety at risk.

Some here seem to be confused between 2005 and up CAN BUS CONTROLLERS

and 97-04 (06 for trucks) LS1 controllers.

YES, you now have control of the LS1 controllers, but NOT the 2005 and up.

In either case.... My advice is NOT to mess with it if you're not knowledgeable of

how it works and what it can do. IE. The warning HPT gives you in the table description.

Chuck CoW
    Corvettes of Westchester

PRINTBoY....

Quote Originally Posted by printmanjackson View Post
    HOLD ON RIGHT THERE COW BOY, I don't and never claimed to be some supertuner and know how to do this COW Throttle crap. You are the one that messed up my PCM with this throttle crap several years ago and I was just asking to see how you did it. You cost me $400 from what I can tell trying to learn? I had to buy a new PCM and you gave me a tune with something I didn't even ask for. I still have that tune and I can clearly see how you did it and you are lieing through your teeth when you say nobody else can do this. Infact I put my tune back like it was because I hated the way it acted. I did NOT speed my throttle up. Get your story straight!

Go peddle your COW shit and leave me out of your post from now own.
    PRINTBoY....

For starters, you were given the EXACT SAME tables as EVERY OTHER LS1 tune I ever wrote.

It has worked perfectly as designed for THOUSANDS of tunes.

I do recall the superlative post you made on the corvette forum about how much you liked it. REMEMBER?

I thank you for that nice post.

Actually, my tune did not mess up your pcm or anyone elses.

What actually happened to you was that YOU messed with what I did

and for lack of experience, YOU fried your own pcm.

LS1 pcms DO NOT cost $400.

Like I said earlier, you should NOT mess with ELECTRONIC THROTTLE TABLES

EVER!

I'm also advising you NOT to attempt BRAIN or OPEN HEART SURGERY as

you clearly DO NOT have the credentials to do so. GET IT????

EXPERT telling NOVICE.... DO NOT.
    Chuck CoW
    Corvettes of Westchester