Thread: 2005 LS2 Vette SD tune 5200

Tuner

2005 LS2 Vette SD tune 5200

I have a 2005 supercharged vette running on the 2bar SD OS and ive got everything working great and AFR's are pretty good at WOT ranging from 11's low end to ~ 10.7 near the top. Using in car wideband which you can see in the scan log.

The thing is, once I get to around 5200 or so it just cuts out and the rev limiter bounces like crazy but it still sort of lets it still pull to about 6000...but at 5200 it has a massive power loss. Up to 5200 it pulls nice. From the scan log it looks like the injectors get cut.

I know this happens on 05's when you dont do the maf patch, but in this case i dont have a maf so....is it related? Something else I have to do?

I will attach my tune and scan log...

Is your VE table under boost correct? For any given RPM shouldn't the VE continue to rise as MAP increases?
    I'm not saying yours is wrong, I'm only new to this, just asking the question because its doesnt look logical to me.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Tuner
    If you look at the log, the entire boost range AFR is just shy of 11.0...I know what you're saying, but it is delivering the proper afr...

What happens is at around 5200 its as if it hits the limiter...tach gauge bounces like crazy and then if i keep holding down it seems to get to 6k. It happens so fast its hard to tell

Advanced Tuner
    work on your boost ve table more,, goto boost pe and change it to 1.3

your g/cl is also hitting the 1.36 limit, that can do some wacky things. what injectors are you running?

scale it 50% to lower the g/cyl

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    work on your boost ve table more,, goto boost pe and change it to 1.3

your g/cl is also hitting the 1.36 limit, that can do some wacky things. what injectors are you running?

scale it 50% to lower the g/cyl
    Scale the injectors 50% ?

Tuner
    I belive this is an 05 issue. It just doesnt make sense...it hits 5200 the same way it does when you DO NOT have the maf patch. But since we are not using a maf, maybe it gets confused. It may just be an 05 issue.

Tuner in Training
    Oops.. I read your post and was going to add that my friends '05 C6 had the same problem because of the MAF, but I see that you have an SD tune. What are you doing about your fuel delivery? Bigger injections I'm sure, but are you running a Boost a Pump too, or what? What are your fuel pressures during the pull?

On my friends C6, the tuner upgraded the MAF and did some scaling and it was good to go. I wonder if the lack of the MAF is causing similar results and could be resolved by having a MAF installed but still tuning via SD?
    Last edited by fasthotrod; 11-01-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    lots of threads to give you directions on scaling the tune, id apply the maf patch anyways...

Tuner
    Ended up going back to maf and stock 1bar and still get the breaking up...afr is nice, but this time we got flashing ses light and p0336. Can't find any reason for this. Car idles great and pulls smooth up to about 4800-5300 somewhere in there it sounds like it hit the rev limiter but it keeps pulling...

Mac patch has been applied the entire time

Advanced Tuner
    Go to the OS and unpatched the MAF,then a Write Entire must be performed for these changes to take effect.

so for the po336 you have cheked the ckp sensor and wiring.

Advanced Tuner
    what did your cam only dyno look like? maybe the cam is installed a tooth off?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by C5 2000 View Post
    Go to the OS and unpatched the MAF,then a Write Entire must be performed for these changes to take effect.
    You think I should UNPATCH? Why? You mean if I am running 2bar? Or even if I am running the MAF now, because now we are back to using the maf...

In your SD tune do you have both your MAF tables set to all 0s? If not it still may be referencing the MAF.
    I just looked at your SD tune, you need to 0 low and high MAF Tables and see if that helps.

You also may try raising the rev limiter too. Although I have never seen it on a manual I have had to raise the limiter on automatic cars because they are pulling up more quickly and the computer thinks they are hitting the rev limiter as much as 800 RPMs early.
    Last edited by sunny; 11-04-2011 at 11:07 AM.