Thread: BF falcon PATS (passive anti theft sys) disable

Potential Tuner

BF falcon PATS (passive anti theft sys) disable

Hi,

I am intersted in VCM suite but want to confirm that VCM suite can disable the PATS in the tune. I have done an engine conversion with a BF falcon engine in a GU Nissan Patrol and currently have an ECU that has been tuned with SCT with PATS disabled. Obviously this works perfect. I would like to re-tune another spare PCM i have using VCM suite if this can be achieved (for another engine swap project).

Ie i want PATS disabled in the tune for standalone engine conversions without, BEM, PATS module or ABS fitted.

Regards

Advanced Tuner
    works mate. I ran my BA with the pats enable and pats alternative disabled (opposite too stock) whilst waiting for my bosch LT flasher too arrive so I could reset the PATS properly

Pic attached, BTW I have my Bosch LT flasher for sale if your only looking to setup the pats so you can run the PCM stand alone and not tune it
    Last edited by hiddeous; 10-31-2011 at 05:41 AM.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Potential Tuner
    Thanks hiddeous. I've used the ford module programming software with J2534 and it's crap. So painfully slow. Never again. J2534 and IDS VCM cannot disable PATS. It can only program DST keys, and do parameter resets etc. No option to disable PATS.

Advanced Tuner
    No worries. FMP is slow but the ability to download the latest factory cal files is handy. That aside HPT will do what you want. Do you have a bench flashing harness? If your only looking to disable the PATS i'd be happy to do it for the cost of the license if you dont want too buy the HPT software and MVPI (Im Luke for fordxr6turbo.com btw )

EDIT oh and btw do you happen to have the VIN from the other PCM's origin vehicle? Makes your life easier if you do, although if its a BF PCM HPT should read it from the PCM

Potential Tuner
    Luke. I sent you a pm.

Potential Tuner

help please. pcm reflash to disable pats

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    No worries. FMP is slow but the ability to download the latest factory cal files is handy. That aside HPT will do what you want. Do you have a bench flashing harness? If your only looking to disable the PATS i'd be happy to do it for the cost of the license if you dont want too buy the HPT software and MVPI (Im Luke for fordxr6turbo.com btw )

EDIT oh and btw do you happen to have the VIN from the other PCM's origin vehicle? Makes your life easier if you do, although if its a BF PCM HPT should read it from the PCM
    Hello. My name is Mike and ive been looking all over the internet looking for a cost effective way of getting my 97 mark viii on the road again. Some how the pats system is preventing me from starting my vehicle. And I have done everything I can to try to get it going with no progress. From what I have read is that I have to sendit to ford or pug a bypass unit in or have pcm reflahsed. Now this is 3rd time in a year that the pats has been triggered and ford has fixed it 2 times costing me about 1800 bucks.
    What I'm trying to ask is would you be willing to reflash my PCM if I sent it to you, and how much would it cost.? The reason I ask is because I was reading this forum and I came across the message where you sent to another forum member that you would be glad to reflash is TCM disabling the Pats system if you were to pay for the licensing fee. So I have no idea what are the licensing fee is so you have to tell me that, but I want the Pats system completely removed from my car. It is stored in the garage would not driven. And I am not too worried about it getting stolen. So could you please help me out, I would appreciate it greatly. So if you are willing to help me out please send me a message back saying how much licensing fee is, and we can go on from there. Have a great day

Tuner
    Hi just wanted to say thanks for this information.
    I have installed a BA 4.0L DOHC engine into a XH ute.
    I bought VCM suite from a seller on eBay in the usa. I set the pats the same as whats displayed in the 2nd post and it worked!
    Im very happy with VCM suite so far.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, have a project that involves putting BA gear into a ED Fairmont Ghia, so that will be dash, engine, ABS, removing airbags etc and I've been collecting parts from different BA's, I know that since I'll have a different key that it wont start until I get the pats removed or reset at least,

basically wanting to know can the VCM software do pats removal, parameter reset, key programming, and and ICC resets etc and also be able to remove things like airbags etc since I cant use them in this model car.

Thanks, hope that makes sense.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCED View Post
    pats removal, Yes
    parameter reset, No
    key programmingNo
    ICC resets etc No
    remove things like airbagsNo
    VCM suite allows VCM/PCm reprogramming. The other items you require are functions of the BEM,SRS and ICC modules. Where are you located?

I have a bosch LT FLasher that can do everything else Bar ICC reset. If you happen to be in Perth im happy to help you out.

Potential Tuner
    VCM suite allows VCM/PCm reprogramming. The other items you require are functions of the BEM,SRS and ICC modules. Where are you located?

I have a bosch LT FLasher that can do everything else Bar ICC reset. If you happen to be in Perth im happy to help you out.
    First off thanks for the reply and sorry for taking long to reply, currently working on putting all the BA gear in the ED has I write this, I am on the other side of Aus, which is Vic, I'm looking at doing all the work diy, it's a long term project (not too damn long though) and looking at doing the parameter reset and key coding myself, was hoping the HP Tuners VCM could let me do all this, if it can't, what's the best VCM to do all this, plus ICC reset?

cheers,
    DOHCED.

Advanced Tuner
    There is nothing commercially available that will allow you to reset the ICC. My local ford dealer charger $80 to 100 to do it. (the variance is due to variance in the time the security time out process can take)

The Bosch LT Flasher http://www.boschdiagnostics.com/supp...FlasherLT.aspx will allow you to carry out parameter resets,module installs. key coding etc etc. The ICC uses a unique to Ford Aus protocol fortunately.

You'll need to create a Motorcraft service account http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...il/default.asp and download the FMP (Ford Module Programming Software) and pay for a subscription (Usually $30 for a short term 48hr sub) this will allow you to carry out all the programming you'll need to do to setup the gear in the ED

Total cost will be around $700 so weigh that up before discounting your local dealer as an option.

I've been fortunate enough that I've been able to pay my off programming keys for people so that may be an option to recover the cost long term.

Sounds like a great project, how about some pictures? Are you on xr6turbo.com?

Potential Tuner
    There is nothing commercially available that will allow you to reset the ICC. My local ford dealer charger $80 to 100 to do it. (the variance is due to variance in the time the security time out process can take)

The Bosch LT Flasher http://www.boschdiagnostics.com/supp...FlasherLT.aspx will allow you to carry out parameter resets,module installs. key coding etc etc. The ICC uses a unique to Ford Aus protocol fortunately.

You'll need to create a Motorcraft service account http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...il/default.asp and download the FMP (Ford Module Programming Software) and pay for a subscription (Usually $30 for a short term 48hr sub) this will allow you to carry out all the programming you'll need to do to setup the gear in the ED

Total cost will be around $700 so weigh that up before discounting your local dealer as an option.

I've been fortunate enough that I've been able to pay my off programming keys for people so that may be an option to recover the cost long term.

Sounds like a great project, how about some pictures? Are you on xr6turbo.com?
    Yeah was only thinking that wouldn't be such a bad thing, I'll be doing 99% myself etc, probably will go with the Flasher LT now that I know the HP cant do what I want and the Bosch can, and from what I seen the HP Tuner would of cost me $900, while the Bosch is $700 then $30 for 48hrs is pretty good, will give me plenty of time to do all that......I have BA Parts from few different cars, so will defiantly need it, cant remember if I'm on xr6turbo forums (project is NA auto, but do want Turbo/Manual later on) so might sign up there, I'm on fordforums mainly due to fordmods member never reply to my thread, you can add me on facebook if that's ok I'm under Justin Webster, not hard to notice the ED profile pic.

Thanks for the help, electrical/security part of the project does seem to do my head in, finding the mechanical/fab the easy part, but slowly working it all out....

cheers,
    DOHCED/Justin Webster.
    Last edited by DOHCED; 06-25-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Keep in mind you cannot actually tune the car with Bosch unit. It will only load factory calibrations.

Potential Tuner
    Keep in mind you cannot actually tune the car with Bosch unit. It will only load factory calibrations.
    Yeah nah that's cool, wasn't really into that, would of tried it maybe if I had gotten the HP VCM etc, just disabling those features and resetting and reprograming keys will be fine.
    Last edited by DOHCED; 06-25-2014 at 05:13 AM.

If the security has been triggered can the pats be turned off? I have a ba and replaced the key and ignition and it won't let me flash it. Does it need to go to ford or can it be done with hp?

Advanced Tuner
    What error are you getting? It will probably need to go to ford to have a parameter reset/key relearn if you didn't disable PATS before installing the keys etc.

Yeah I thought as much. When I first sucked the tune out then went to licence it, it came up with vin doesn't match. Bill sent me a file to flash in but still same error when i try to download. Is there anyone who I can send ecu to get sorted? Ford here is pretty useless and don't really trust them

Ended up going to Ford $400+ later and it's running so hopefully will be able to tune it now. I'm a bit worried tho don't want to try and then it not work and then have to go back to Ford to get fixed.

Can pats be disabled anyway without licensing the ecu?
    Last edited by Kosij; 03-11-2018 at 07:23 AM.