Thread: 98 PCM in Non F/Y Body Car

Potential Tuner

98 PCM in Non F/Y Body Car

I have a 98 Ls1 in a non F/Y car, its in a 93 RX7.

I have no GM body controller and right now am using a borrowed PCM that does not have the security system turned on.

Most tuners around here do not have software for 98's and will not mail order tune.

I need the security system turned off, so the car will run more than 3 seconds, plus all of the emissions related stuff turned off, plus sensors that are no longer on the car(gas tank, evap, etc).

I'm assuming this software will do all of that for me, I hate to spend the money for something simple but I guess I have no choice.

What is the difficulty level of doing the work, and is there anything really left in the PCM to eak some more power out of it.

I'm running 2765lbs and 4.11 rear gear which to me would mean alot less load on the engine and possibly the option to run more timing and make more power without going into detonation you might see on a heavier car.

Thanks

Tuner

Re: 98 PCM in Non F/Y Body Car

hp tuners will remove the vats and emmisons codes for you.

if thats all you need, send me an e-mail, i have the 1998 software, and will help you out with a mail order tune to delete codes/vats.

but if you want to do lots of tuning with it, the hp package is a great product.

[email protected]

Ryan.
    1998 Ws6 TA