Thread: throttle opening rates warning not to change

Advanced Tuner

throttle opening rates warning not to change

On the map A it gives a warning not to change. Or it can leave your pcm permanently damaged. Is there a way to have a strip only tune where it will open sooner without damaging the computer?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes

Advanced Tuner
    care to tell me how??? i see where i can change the rate sooner to 100. but probably i have to set other things up correctly in order not to damage the computer.

generally you will be okay with the newer ECM's, its only really the LS1 + TAC module that are touchy. Like other important throttle tables the warning is there to make people think twice before making changes, that could have undesired effects.

remember you are adjusting the low speed sensitivity of the pedal/throttle with these tables. Don't make the car hard to drive at low speeds in traffic. GM calibrators spend a lot of time making the car nice to drive.

The easiest way to make the car more responsive is push harder with your right foot, not mess with these tables
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    I've had good luck with these tables on the E38's. I like to have a smooth, linear power spread and this table helps smooth things out, especially when you start gaining power in certain rpm or throttle areas. It's also nice to raise throttle opening at lower pedal positions but high rpm's. That gives a nice building of power when not at full throttle but still letting the rpm's run out in one gear. The only issue I've ever had was when I tried to switch the "axis type" from VSS to RPM, it put the throttle in limp mode. All I had to do though was flash it back to VSS and everything was fine. Lemme tell you guys, it's a helluva lot easier to control throttle like this than trying to get a smooth power spread on an LNF with the Bosch E69. There's plenty of throttle mapping control available to us (thanks HPT guys), but it's not so obvious as a table called "Desired Throttle"! BTW, the "Opening Rate" table is one that you shouldn't really have to mess with, and is usually 100% anyway.

Hey Chris, sorry if you were one of the guys I was talking to there at SEMA, I had Bill's name in my head and totally forgot to see if I could meet you there too! It was nice to put a face to Bill at least, but I feel bad I didn't acknowledge you if you were there. Sorry! We had a good time, I hope it was successful for you guys too.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Chris didn't make the 16hr trek this year although it was very nice to meet u as well. Always interesting to meet our customers and put a face to the name as rarely do they look anything like u suspected :-)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Chris didn't make the 16hr trek this year although it was very nice to meet u as well. Always interesting to meet our customers and put a face to the name as rarely do they look anything like u suspected :-)
    OMG Horrible hotel Internet! Took 15 minutes to post that and then it posts it 3 times! I had to delete the multiple posts on my phone through 3G.

Yeah it's funny about putting names with faces isn't it? You're right, they almost never match what you thought they'd look like!