Thread: Real Time Tuning Enhancement not letting me tune?

Tuner in Training

Real Time Tuning Enhancement not letting me tune?

I just unlocked the Gen lll 2000 year/model option on my cable and tried tuning my friends car. It let me read the tune, make changes and save it. But I cannot write the saved tune into the car. It gives an error and the screen pops up for applying 2 credits to tune the car. I guess it's doing this because the tune I pulled from the car has the Real Time Tuning enhancement on it and my cable doesn't have the credits for it.

So will buying more credits fix this issue? Or will that even work since the Os is changed with the enhancement and still not let me write to the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Devonsz View Post
    I just unlocked the Gen lll 2000 year/model option on my cable and tried tuning my friends car. It let me read the tune, make changes and save it. But I cannot write the saved tune into the car. It gives an error and the screen pops up for applying 2 credits to tune the car. I guess it's doing this because the tune I pulled from the car has the Real Time Tuning enhancement on it and my cable doesn't have the credits for it.

So will buying more credits fix this issue? Or will that even work since the Os is changed with the enhancement and still not let me write to the car?
    You can spend 2 more credits on the enhanced OS...

or...

you can copy all the data from the tune that you have into a known good tune with the same OE OS and do a write entire and overwrite the enhanced OS.