Thread: New To Fords- Couple Questions

New To Fords- Couple Questions

I have been tuning GMs for quite some time, but I am new to Fords. I have a 07 F150 4x4 that has LT Headers and a muffler. I am trying to change some of the shift points but wanted some info before I screwed something up.

With A GM I turn all the shift times to 0sec. Can I do this with this truck safely?

On the upshift pressures I notice several of the values are negative. How high can I turn them up before it's no longer safe?

Try using percentages where it's needed. That way the truck can shift like stock for everyday driving and shift better under higher load.

If you want it to shift twice as fast then cut that time in half. Add to the pressures till you like the way it feels at different speed and load. It's going to be a trial and error thing. Don't just blindly max out pressure and 0 shift times. You won't learn anything that way and the truck will be banging gears and eccesively wearing out under normal acceleration and everyday driving. That's a good route to transmission failure.

You should also increase the 02 transport delay time since your 02 sensors are further away from the engine than they were with stock manifolds.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    Try using percentages where it's needed. That way the truck can shift like stock for everyday driving and shift better under higher load.

If you want it to shift twice as fast then cut that time in half. Add to the pressures till you like the way it feels at different speed and load. It's going to be a trial and error thing. Don't just blindly max out pressure and 0 shift times. You won't learn anything that way and the truck will be banging gears and eccesively wearing out under normal acceleration and everyday driving. That's a good route to transmission failure.

You should also increase the 02 transport delay time since your 02 sensors are further away from the engine than they were with stock manifolds.
    The reason to 0 shift times is because it is easier on the transmission. Time between shifts means slipping of clutches. I know a 4L60e can handle it but I don't know much about the tranny that's in the Ford so I was curious.

I also wasn't going to blindly max out the shift pressure, I simply wanted to know the value not to exceed when upping the pressure. In a GM 96 is max line pressure with it handles under WOT but under about 10% throttle that will kill a tranny quick. I generally don't add over about 10psi to the stock pressure at those desired torques because it eats a transmission quick. so the number there not to exceed would be 20. I just wanted the safe max values so as I stepped the pressure to there I wouldn't exceed it.