Thread: 65 c10 help with turbo base tune

Potential Tuner

65 c10 help with turbo base tune

I cant seem to get it running, it will start up for about 4 seconds and die the first time then after that it will run for half a second. I'm new at this and would like just a good base tune to get this thing going. It was running fine under 1 bar, long tubes and stock injectors, all this happened after I went 3 bar os, and installed my dekas. Here is my setup and my tune is attached. Someone please help

5.3/th400
    gt45
    220/220 cam
    80lb dekas
    255 inline pump
    vette filter
    3 bar map

i have high hopes for you.hpt

Are those deka rated at 43.5 psi or 58psi and what fuel pressure are you running?

Is it a ZR1 MAP sensor you are running based on those settings?

Post a log.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Dekas are 43.5
    Key on engine off it?s 50-55 psi

So if your running higher fuel pressure than what they flow rate them at you need to adjust your table to represent that.

That means if they are 80lb/hr at 43.5 psi you need to setup the table for the 55psi or you may as well just make it easy and run 58psi and setup the injector flow rate to match that.

What about the map sensor question I asked?

And post a log.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    The map sensors is just a gm 3 bar map sensor I bought at Oreillys. I don?t have the part number but I could get it

Yes, get the part number.

The data in the tune file must match the MAP sensor you bought.

Potential Tuner
    Ok the part number is a 12223861

Yeah you have the wrong data in there.

I believe that brick style sensor has settings of 329 and -6.35. You need to change that so it knows what MAP it's running otherwise it will not run right. If those settings are good the MAP sensor KOEO should read near 100kpa depending on elevation.

Potential Tuner
    Okay I?ll try that. Does everything else seem okay? I hope this at least let?s it idle

Correcting the MAP data and the injector information will surely help.

The rest of the tune still needs work for getting the rest completely setup for boost.

Potential Tuner

Can someone look at my log and tune please

Can someone take a look at my log and see why its not reading properly please, truck idles fine but at 30 percent throttle my afr gauge goes up to 17. i dont have my wideband hooked up to my scanner yet. Also does my tune look okay?

The flow rate for the injectors is still set for 43.5 psi.

Your VE table is completely flat from like 40kpa all the way to over 200kpa. The VE controls your fueling. The table should not be completely flat, it will have a slope to it. So what I'm getting at is that you need to tune the VE table still with your wideband to correct the fueling.

Add your injector information to your logs, the pulse width avg. Add knock retard, cylinder airmass. Change the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error too.

The spark correction tables need to be look at too. For sure the IAT table. At anything over 86 degrees it's going to really start yanking back your timing. I'd change it so after about 110-120 degrees it's starts pulling a degrees out or two gradually. With that turbo you will be seeing over 80 degrees pretty much all the time.