Thread: Truck problems after reading entire vcm.

Truck problems after reading entire vcm.

Hello,

Recently bought a new 2011 Chevy Silverado. Today I decided to read the vcm on it to see what I can do as far as tuning on it. After reading the vcm (and tcm), the truck instantly gave me a Stabilitrak error light, and said the stabiltrak needed service. Then I lost my indicator light on the dash showing me what gear my transmission was in. I started driving a bit and noticed the truck was stuck in one gear (a higher gear) and it would not shift at all. I did some reading through the forum and tried the 30 second disconnect of the negative battery terminal. This seems to of gotten rid of the stabilitrak error, and the truck seems to be running normal again.

What caused this, and how can I avoid this happening again? I'm scared to even scan my vehicle again with the scanner.

Still can't figure out what's causing this issue

Advanced Tuner
    did you try reading codes when it was acting up?
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Contact support get the newest beta!!!!

Disconnect battery for 15 minutes, or pull TCM fuse for 15 minutes. You freaked out the TCM basically. Older Silverado's G8's Camaro's etc, all have that issue. No biggie.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap