Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Tuning - Hints and Tips

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    You will only see a valid change in open loop. The O2 sensors will still maintain lambda regardless of the value you put in there. What you should see in closed loop is a shift in your fuel trims.
    Thank you, that makes sense.

Tuner in Training
    Expected Pedal vs. Power % Request values....

Supposed to be inverse of each other... what are the the ramifications if the are not?
    All the Canned and CMR tunes I have looked at have adjusted Power % Request numbers but stock Expected Pedal numbers.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CrucialVelocity View Post
    Expected Pedal vs. Power % Request values....

Supposed to be inverse of each other... what are the the ramifications if the are not?
    All the Canned and CMR tunes I have looked at have adjusted Power % Request numbers but stock Expected Pedal numbers.
    Ramifications in CMR can be as bad as uncontrolled throttle opening and slamming two feet on the brake pedal to get the vehicle to stop...

And for the second one-
    I believe you are referring to (in CMR) Throttle Body Flow (in g/s) vs. Volts (Which a couple of us have figured out is APP Volts) And you ONLY want to change the air flow or I assume which is "Power % Request" per APP position (as in installing a larger throttle body) and not the APP position #'s.

I just requested a copy of the Beta version so when I get it I can look through and see what else I can match up to my CMR experience.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    PRatio is MAP/BARO. eg. MAP is 70kpa, Baro is 100kpa, PRatio = 0.7. It works for boosted engines as well. eg. MAP = 130 kPa, Baro = 100 kPa, PRatio = 1.3

Fuel is Fuel-to-Air ratio, ie. the inverse of AFR. eg. Stoich = 0.0694 FAR = 14.4 AFR

Most of the fuelling tables are adders to Stoich. eg. PE table = 0.0177, the final commanded FAR = 0.0694 + 0.0177 = 0.0871 FAR = 11.48 AFR

Saprk is pretty easy, one table for part throttle and another for WOT (PE). The ECT and IAT spark correction is a little funky but not to hard to understand.

The big thing with the torque management is that everything uses torque management, the idle spark being the most annoying. eg. if you simply zero the torque management spark retard table, the idle suffers as the idle over/under speed uses a torque request. Hence, you'll notice all the idle torque tables in there for both throttle and spark. Absolutely necessary for tuning camshafts.

The ETC code on the hemi's is also not very boost friendly as it is modelled on a flow equation that is referenced to barometric pressure and the throttle opening rate increases as the motor goes into boost. There are ways to limit this effect, its not 100% ideal but its driveable. I've done extensive testing using our own test vehicle running up to 8psi boost

Chris...
    Everything is crystal clear as how the fueling commanded table and adders do Bill , but Which formula you use to convert the total .0871 FAR to the 11.48 AFR ? correct me if im wrong but what I see here is that the lower the number on the PE Table the richer the commanded AFR will be correct?
    EXAMPLE .0694 (stoich) + .0106(PE Table) = .0800 will equal to a 10.59:1 AFR?

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    AFR = 1/ total value

Example: 1/.0800 = 12.5

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    AFR = 1/ total value

Example: 1/.0800 = 12.5
    Thank you Sir!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FPSeth View Post
    Ramifications in CMR can be as bad as uncontrolled throttle opening and slamming two feet on the brake pedal to get the vehicle to stop...

And for the second one-
    I believe you are referring to (in CMR) Throttle Body Flow (in g/s) vs. Volts (Which a couple of us have figured out is APP Volts) And you ONLY want to change the air flow or I assume which is "Power % Request" per APP position (as in installing a larger throttle body) and not the APP position #'s.

I just requested a copy of the Beta version so when I get it I can look through and see what else I can match up to my CMR experience.

Do you have a way of calculating the values needed when changing Throttle Bodies? Working with a KB single blade oval throttle body. Having some trouble getting it to idle down to my desired idle rpm without it surging.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports
    Dyno Tuning and Remote Tuning For Ford - GM - Chrysler Vehicles

Click Here For Dyno Tune Motorsports

1988 Ford Mustang GT INCON Systems TT
    331 Cubic Inches - Corn - 808 RWHP 918 RWTQ

Tuner in Training
    How about buttons FA INC and FA DECR? It's the right way:

FA stoich + FA Power Enrich + FA Incr - FA Decr = FA

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtwingeorg View Post

No - these are the "steps" the fuel air ratio can take as you move across the FA Power Enrich table. It is not part of the formula to figure out your commanded AFR. It is 1 divided by (FA Stoich + FA Power Enrich).

Quote Originally Posted by bigtwingeorg View Post

In a nutshell, this how fast PE Enrichment is commanded. Similar to Enrichment Ramp in Rate on the GM platforms.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno View Post
    Do you have a way of calculating the values needed when changing Throttle Bodies? Working with a KB single blade oval throttle body. Having some trouble getting it to idle down to my desired idle rpm without it surging.
    I didn't know Kenne Bell did a single blade oval throttle body for Mopar?

Is the only problem your having with idle?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    I didn't know Kenne Bell did a single blade oval throttle body for Mopar?

Is the only problem your having with idle?
    They sure do! I am trying to get a setup that will combine it with my Whipple to let it breathe more.

http://www.highhorseperformance.com/.../d2300-dbw.htm

Setting Stoich and PE tables equation.

99 silverado 1500 5.3, 30 over, all new ported, polished, and milled heads 30 thou, 220 226 custom BEI cam. 2" intake valves, ported & polished TB, Long tube ceramic coated headers, magna flow cats, y pipe, 3" magnaflow, vera ram air intake, I6 TB stall, All new Drivetrain, 3 Trans coolers, Auburn E-Locker, 4.56 gears, Throttle body bypass, Flex-a-Lite E-Fans, LS1 e-fan harness, ASP Under Drive Pullleys, HP Tuner Pro. 1 Bar MAP SD OS upgrade. Amsoil EA Bypass Oil Filtration system.

so i changed from a 1 bar mapAttachment 92682to a 2 bar mapAttachment 92683my question is on the spark advance tab part throttle, thermal wot and wot tables the column show a max map kpa of 105 KPA is there a way to change that to represent 2 bar map??Attachment 92686

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redyns333 View Post
    so i changed from a 1 bar mapAttachment 92682to a 2 bar mapAttachment 92683my question is on the spark advance tab part throttle, thermal wot and wot tables the column show a max map kpa of 105 KPA is there a way to change that to represent 2 bar map??Attachment 92686
    Yes, click on the axis name and it will allow you to change the values.

oh i see now cool thank you when i click on it a graph poped up no i understand

im trying to tune an 05 hemi dodge 5.7 with a turbo i replaced the 1 bar map with a 2 bar map should i change all my tables to represent 200 kpa and not 105 kpa?

Quote Originally Posted by redyns333 View Post
    im trying to tune an 05 hemi dodge 5.7 with a turbo i replaced the 1 bar map with a 2 bar map should i change all my tables to represent 200 kpa and not 105 kpa?
    Any table relating to your WOT area should be changed just so you have more resolution to adjust and fine tune. Fueling and Timing tables plus limiters.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

why only the WOT and not all the tables that use map?