Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Tuning - Hints and Tips

trying to bring this back from the dead now that we are able to tune Dodge with HP tuners. I am going to be trying to tune SRT4 next week with 3 bar map and tip sensor. I know the Diablo guys talk about the slopes of the sensor. I will take a stab at it and see if i can figure it out.

Yes, you have to setup the slope and offset of the sensor. Double check the Baro reading with Key on, and if it reads normal you are good.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmlights View Post
    trying to bring this back from the dead now that we are able to tune Dodge with HP tuners. I am going to be trying to tune SRT4 next week with 3 bar map and tip sensor. I know the Diablo guys talk about the slopes of the sensor. I will take a stab at it and see if i can figure it out.
    Im doing a 4 bar , Got all the sensor info from OMNI web page, have you figure it out injector scaling? what size are you using?

I am using the 3bar map sensor from the stage 3 srt4. The diablo guys have pretty much this down packed. I am going to try and test it and ill report back what I get. I tried to read a car last night but did not work. It was an 03 hope Support gets back to me soon so I can start the tuning.

chris/ Eric, is there a way of disabling the correlation between the map and tip.I know that the car needs both to operate . But can you guys install something to be able to disable tip and allow pcm to do all calculations using the Map.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    BTW, in the scanner so far I have 200+ PIDs defined

MAP, Baro and PRatio are all there
    Chris are these available ??? I am not able to get it with the 2.24 and 2.25 beta scanner won't work

Potential Tuner
    anyone know how the injector sizing works on this?

Potential Tuner
    Any help for idle and throttle tuning? Ive got a cammed 5.7 300c that wont even lope. I know this cam lopes, because ive heard it on other vehicles, but theres so much idle correction it sounds stock. I would also like to get the throttle closing times down ALOT, and a little crackle on the overrun wouldnt hurt either.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SidewaysC View Post
    Any help for idle and throttle tuning? Ive got a cammed 5.7 300c that wont even lope. I know this cam lopes, because ive heard it on other vehicles, but theres so much idle correction it sounds stock. I would also like to get the throttle closing times down ALOT, and a little crackle on the overrun wouldnt hurt either.
    X2... exactly what I want. Every single point. Could swear I wrote that!
    Last edited by CrucialVelocity; 05-17-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Been playing with a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4. Performed an injector rescale (stock 577cc to FIC 1100cc), and everything works great, there.

I have also been trying to increase the RPM range, I have rescaled EVERY fuel and ignition map for up to 7488 RPM, changed all the "RPM Limiters" within the [Fuel] [Cutoff] tab up to 7200 RPM, and still I can't get past the factory 6200'ish RPM limiter.

Has anyone had any luck on any Dodge platform with increasing the RPM range?

Bill (or any other HPTuners Rep), are you guys still digging up more tables for the NGC 3 PCM, more specifically the SRT-4 computers?

I've attached my tune file below.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

RPM_Injector_Rescale.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Been playing with a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4. Performed an injector rescale (stock 577cc to FIC 1100cc), and everything works great, there.

I have also been trying to increase the RPM range, I have rescaled EVERY fuel and ignition map for up to 7488 RPM, changed all the "RPM Limiters" within the [Fuel] [Cutoff] tab up to 7200 RPM, and still I can't get past the factory 6200'ish RPM limiter.

Has anyone had any luck on any Dodge platform with increasing the RPM range?

Bill (or any other HPTuners Rep), are you guys still digging up more tables for the NGC 3 PCM, more specifically the SRT-4 computers?

I've attached my tune file below.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

RPM_Injector_Rescale.hpt
    Monday morning bump. Hopefully someone has some insight into this.

Monday morning bump. Hopefully someone has some insight into this.
    Send support an email. They are wanting all the info that we find with bugs and issues. This could be one of them, the file looks good I don't see anywhere else that will cause it. I have found a few issues and they are very quick to help resolve.

Advanced Tuner
    Send support an email. They are wanting all the info that we find with bugs and issues. This could be one of them, the file looks good I don't see anywhere else that will cause it. I have found a few issues and they are very quick to help resolve.
    Done, and done. Thanks! Posted here in this thread in the event that I was simply overlooking something.

lol,,,this happens a lot on my Diablo CMR tunes too.

There's a Torque Managment table to shift up the over run RPM but in CMR it can unpredictably disable the rev limiter all together.
    Last edited by duster360; 06-05-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    lol,,,this happens a lot on my Diablo CMR tunes too.

There's a Torque Managment table to shift up the over run RPM but in CMR it can unpredictably disable the rev limiter all together.

thanks for the info Duster. There are many tables that are not avail to us yet. Lets hope when the final release is out the tables are available.

thanks for the info Duster. There are many tables that are not avail to us yet. Lets hope when the final release is out the tables are available.
    Post a list of them
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Post a list of them

Posting them on your request thread.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm curious, has anyone played with the "FA Stoich", "FA Stoich Even", and "FA Stoich Odd" values? I tried adjusting these to achieve a "stochiometric" AFR of 15.1:1 by changing to values to .0662, but it still idled and drove at 14.7:1, rarely ever deviating.

Are these values actually supposed to change the target AFR for closed loop operation, or are they only for calculation purposes for the ECM to have a basis upon which to determine commanded fuel?

Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    I'm curious, has anyone played with the "FA Stoich", "FA Stoich Even", and "FA Stoich Odd" values? I tried adjusting these to achieve a "stochiometric" AFR of 15.1:1 by changing to values to .0662, but it still idled and drove at 14.7:1, rarely ever deviating.

Are these values actually supposed to change the target AFR for closed loop operation, or are they only for calculation purposes for the ECM to have a basis upon which to determine commanded fuel?

Thanks!
    You will only see a valid change in open loop. The O2 sensors will still maintain lambda regardless of the value you put in there. What you should see in closed loop is a shift in your fuel trims.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    You will only see a valid change in open loop. The O2 sensors will still maintain lambda regardless of the value you put in there. What you should see in closed loop is a shift in your fuel trims.
    What I'm saying is that you can't use that to run the car lean at part throttle unless you keep it open loop the whole time. Just set it at stoich for the fuel you are using and move on.
    Jaime