Thread: Noob anxious about oil pressure!

Tuner in Training

Noob anxious about oil pressure!

Hello, gang. I've just finished my Miata/GTO LS2 swap and I'm afraid that I don't have any oil pressure! Well, thats what happens when I do as follows:

Is this the only way to view oil pressure via HPTuners? Is it not showing because the text is not in blue? If so, why?

I've searched a LOT, and I know that the F body LS1 did not have oil pressure in the VCM, but I should have it I think. Thanks in advance!

you need to have the oil pressure pid in the table display for it to work.
    Last edited by c.u; 12-27-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Giggles* High Five for oil pressure
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    What a relief. Thank you.

And if that doesn't work....change the sensor.
    Mine got damaged during my swap and was not working even when my table was correct. Needless to say I had a little scare when I started mine for the first time.
    A little peace of mind cost about $65.
    1968 Bel Air Wagon
    L92/6L80E

Senior Tuner
    Anything you want to monitor elsewhere in the VCM Scanner software must 1st be added in the Table Display.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Lmao, you know that if you screw up an oil pressure sensor on the true Gen IV stuff(like get one to short circuit by cracking the base), that they'll go into REP mode? Anytime you clear the REP code it kills the power to the coils as well unless you either unplug or replace the sensor. Found that one out the hard way. :P
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap