Thread: Aussie Users

Aussie Users

Any Aussie users out there yet?

Re: Aussie Users

yes we have a few, including me (if that counts)

I count sheep in hex...

Good to hear.
    I have ordered hptuners for a couple of mates cars.
    I already have a vin-locked edit for my ute and have fried the pcm twice for some reason with it and had to send away to be unlocked (Delco).
    I read somewhere on this forum about the auto recovery etc. but was wondering if hptuners was still safe on the utes. (utes are more prone to frying apparently, due to the wiring layout throughout the cab.)
    Do you know if any of the aussie owners are tuning utes?

yeah, the utes have a noise problem. You can't "fry" the VCM using the VCM Suite STD software.

Absolute worst case if the thing just won't make it thru the reflash is to pull the PCM and do it on a bench harness. Although i have flashed many utes in-car and never had to resort to the bench as it eventually makes it without error.

A bench harness is a cheap thing to make yourself for absolute peace of mind.

I count sheep in hex...

I have a bench harness for the edit cable and haven't fried it with that. Does the hptuner cable have the 9 pin into the cable like the LS1edit unit?
    Are all sedans immune to the ute problems?

Tuner

Another happy Australian User.

Potential Tuner

one other thing i found out after frying pcm on a holden Is to look out for rust protecters that get powered up directly off the battery

Quote Originally Posted by TNT76
    I have a bench harness for the edit cable and haven't fried it with that. Does the hptuner cable have the 9 pin into the cable like the LS1edit unit?
    Are all sedans immune to the ute problems?
    harness will work fine with our cable.

The thing with noise on the serial line is that it can come from anywhere, utes seem to be particularly vulnerable (especially when hot i notice) but interference can come from things like mobile phones, cordless phones, anything really... it can happen on any car.

On VCM Flash you will see things like checksum errors, retries, switches back to 1x mode etc. as a sign that something isn't quite right and it is trying to recover from the errors.

Again, it is not possible to fry your VCM with our VCM Suite STD software. We provide recovery mechanisms that will allow you to recover in case of PC failure, flat battery, connector comes loose etc. Even if you "fry" your VCM with LS1edit you will be able to recover it with VCM Suite STD (assuming you read the VCM at least once with VCM Suite first). Although once you have our software we'd hope you don't use the others anymore

With VCM Suite Pro you can really fry your VCM whilst writing critical operating system components using the advanced "Rewrite Entire VCM" option (this is not an option for VCM Suite STD). If this happens your best friend is a soldering iron...

I count sheep in hex...