Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCING: The Ultimate Ford EFI Tuning Guide for HP Tuners

Well, I went on to read the rest of the manual. This is definitely a great guide to get you started and at a price much less than some of the DVDs out there. The explanations for the tables were pretty well written and thought out. Comparing the HP tuners to some of the other platforms out there, it is a shame that they do not do the 1989-2004 Mustangs as the software I have used previously is not very good and the logging software is quite pitiful compared to the HPtuner logging.

Overall if you want to get a good grasp of what various tables are necessary to tune and become familiar with this software, this manual is quite helpful.

Tuner in Training
    Ordered, I love reading all the new books that come out.... I always learn at least a couple new things every one I read. Never stop learning !

Agreed, even though I have been tuning for years, it is nice to get a different prospective. You never know what you might pick up!

Senior Tuner
    Im going to take an extra half shift this weekend so I can get it without the wife being able to say anything...lol Ive been spending a lot the last couple of weeks on the car. hahaha I dont own a Ford but I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Ive read tons already, but its spotty at best. Be nice to have it all in one place instead of a bunch of saved links in my favs!
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    I ordered your guide and i am very satisfied! I have used hp on multiple gm and now have 2006 gt of my own it only has 753miles and i used your guide to fine tune and wow what a difference and well worth 70 dollars.

i want 1...

Tuner in Training

Aluminator Ford M-6009-A463SC

Is it possible to use this guide as approximate guideline for 2008 GT with low compression engine, blower, water/meth etc? I need find some rough initially point.

Tuner in Training
    That's what it was written for...
    2006 Mustang GT
    LaSota Racing Tech
    HP Tuners Ultimate Tuning Guide

Tuner in Training
    this is well worth it my o6 is stock with longtubes and went 13.36 at 107 very happy with your guide

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Don@LRT View Post
    Ordered in paper form right now!

Tuner in Training
    Your book is in my hands!

What I expected from the book was to learn a little ETC, but there's not much, also nothing about tune tranny in new mustangs. Otherwise ETC can't be tuned in HPT without SCT datalogging.
    Anyway lot of info in the book, rest You have to test self as I did and You find how it works.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Tuner
    Is it still available at the discounted price?

Tuner in Training
    Yep, Probably will be for a couple more months.
    2006 Mustang GT
    LaSota Racing Tech

Tuner in Training
    Yep, Probably will be for a couple more months.
    where can i order this?, and is it just hp specific only or does it alson include sct or diablosport help as well? (asking because of the 89 & up ,thanks

Tuner in Training
    http://www.lasotaracing.com

It is brand specific one book for each brand. Understandably, companies were reluctant to give permission to use screenshots etc. of their software if their competitors software were also included. I fully understand this and that's why there are different books.
    Don
    2006 Mustang GT
    LaSota Racing Tech

Tuner
    Does the SCT book include any information on modifying the cam timing on the 2011+ Coyote?

Tuner in Training
    No, none of them contain that. The bulk of it was written before any of that info became available.
    2006 Mustang GT
    LaSota Racing Tech

Tuner in Training
    I have this product and it was very helpful in making the transition over from the GM side. I must really suck because it takes me a whole day to set up the MAF transfer for new injectors even after adding in the proper data for new injectors. Am I being too anal in setting up each of the 30 cells?

Or is it because I am too used to the GM platforms?
    Either way, I couldn't have done it without reading the LRT manual first. It answered alot of the questions I had except for the ETC stuff, I still need to wrap my head around that.

Cool, Hope I can still get the discouted price, plan to order in the next couple of days

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C