Thread: windows 8 support?

Red face windows 8 support?

getting some windows tablets in tomorrow.trying to solve the handheld problem on my own.lol.anyways they will have windows 8 installed.any chance that vcm scanner will work?i have vcm suite installed on a win 8 desktop,just installed and went demo.didnt want to drag desktop out to the shop to see if it was fully functional.so im hoping it runs cause i got some killer ideas for the tablets.i dont plan on doing any tuning,just using the scanner part!
    thanks for the replys,jedi

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No idea give it a shot. I tried installing win 8 on my laptop but couldn't get the partition to work right with it so gave up.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

sounds good.thanks for the reply!!ill post some vids as soon as i get my 408 back from TSP!

looks very promising!!!!!hopefully yall can go metro and take full adavtage of muti-touch!!let me know if u need a beta tester!
    all drivers loaded works o.k you can get a node crash if u touch play,save if u dont have anything to play or save.other than that works well!!!
    win 8 tablets will be running wild next year!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z4OauDakNo

Senior Tuner
    For those wanting to use HPT with Windows 8, make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5x installed.

See here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443.aspx

"You can also enable the .NET Framework 3.5 yourself through Control Panel. In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, choose Turn Windows features on or off, and then select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 check box. This option requires an Internet connection."

That will install .NET 2.0 and 3.0, as well.

After doing this, restart your computer, then uninstall any current copy previously installed of HPT, restart again, then install the latest beta (you'll need to email [email protected] for it). Everything should work just fine now under Windows 8. It does for me, and I'm getting zero errors.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)