Thread: Knock issues on 2007 TBSS AWD

Knock issues on 2007 TBSS AWD

I was wondering if anyone ever has knock issues on this application. Tuning a truck that had a mail order tune with audible detonation a constant KR at both part throttle and WOT. I have been able to eliminate it at part throttle and very minimal at WOT, but im only commanding between 12-13 degrees up top which seems very low. I was told it has 93 octane in.

truck is an 07 TBSS AWD, built trans, converter, CAI, and muffler swap.

thanks
    1999 TransAm: Stock shortblock, LS6 cam, 317 heads, 60# injectors, TC76 front mount

Advanced Tuner
    see the same thing, the seem to have a lot of burst knock which can stay forever. I just added a few degrees and leaned out very little and even when cruising with no load saw constant knocking in the logs. Killed burst knock and most went away.

Tuner in Training
    Can you post the tune and log?

Potential Tuner
    I can't help you here. I have a 2007 AWD TBSS with a Magnuson supercharger. I get a few degrees of knock occasionally, not audible, between 1600 and 1800 rpm, steady state driving. I could not find anything vibrating that might cause it; octane booster didn't help. I just checked a bunch of logs and after my Kooks LTs install most of my knock problems are gone. Now all I see is a little at 2600-2800 rpms, but only rarely.
    2007 Trailblazer SS - MP112, AFR225s, RPM Lvl 7, HP Tuners

NGK TR6 plugs if you don't have them already. I have the best luck with Shell 93.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

i pulled a couple plugs to both check the condition and type. they were tr6's but weren't in the best shape and they had obvious signs of oil contamination. the pvc hoses had quite a bit of oil residue so he is going to swap the plugs and install a catch can setup and we will go from there.

i was able to get the KR under satisfactory control but the timing is way lower than I would like so well see what happens after the plug swap. put down right around 325hp/335ftlbs on our mustang dyno.
    Last edited by Tally TransAm; 12-01-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    1999 TransAm: Stock shortblock, LS6 cam, 317 heads, 60# injectors, TC76 front mount

I get a fair amount oil in my catch can. 6 or 7 oz between oil changes. I can't get much more than 20 degrees at WOT out of mine if that helps.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned