Thread: Readiness Tests and Rear 02 Sensors

Tuner

Readiness Tests and Rear 02 Sensors

My 08 G8 GT is throwing a P0157 and P2272. I've reset it a couple times now and it comes back. Today I reset it and will data log it for when the code trips again.

I have an inspection coming up here in NC that I need to pass by 12/31. Is anyone familiar with the NC inspection process and will disabling the rear 02s stop any readiness tests? All were "passed" today per VCM Scanner even with the light on, but I'm not sure if those would be the same tests the local testing place will be looking for.

Yeah yeah, I know, just replace the frigin sensor. Was trying to avoid it for now if I could.

Still gotta figure out how to pass the tint test too

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not familiar with the NC inspection, heck, i'm barely familiar with the California isnpection, but If i remember correctly, disabling the rear 02's won't stop the readiness tests in the G8's. don't take my words for granted though, but i think i've seen the readiness test completing, and my rear 02's are disabled. it's been a big while since i worried about the test. It would take a while for the readiness test to complete though once you load a new tune up.

disabling the rear O2's prevents the readiness tests from completing. If you set ALL the DTCs to "no error reported" the readiness tests go to complete.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    By ALL you mean ALL O2 sensor codes for all 4 sensors?

I mean every single code. Thats the only way I got my readiness test to go to complete without having rear sensors. Afterwards re-flash back to only editing the rear O2's out.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    Oh wow. That should stop anything else from coming up in the mean time too haha

Thanks, I'll do that tonight and try to get some miles on her to get the tests to go.

Don't need miles. The readiness tests can be seen from VCM controls and with all DTCs set to no error the tests go to complete. Keep your current tune, copy it and set all DTC's to no error. Flash it and roll in. Roll out and flash back.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    I noticed that when I loaded it. Even better! Thanks for your help.

Tuner
    Just to follow up:

Passed just fine, so this does for sure work in NC.