Thread: 2011 Camaro SS Tune

Tuner in Training

2011 Camaro SS Tune

Hi I've been having HPTuners for a few years now, I tuned my car "with help" a few years ago. I now have a cammed car and left it to the professionals, and only use hptuners for thermostat changes, gear changes, ses changes, etc. I've recently tuned a turbocharged cobalt ss (intake,exhaust) with the help of someone online, big power difference, no kr, etc. I've also tuned a 4.8 (intake/exhaust) truck with help from someone online and following a basic tuning guide I found, definetely woke the truck up, had a little knock at first but I smoothed the timing tables and decreased the kr cells and runs great now.

My buddy just bought a 2011 camaro ss M6, he's around 1000 miles and asking me for a tune. I'm really not a pro at tuning, but I know what 80% of the editable tables do; having a good understanding of tq mngmt, transmission, rpm limiters, timing charts, ltft's, stft's, kr/adv, power enrich. I also know how dangerous certain tables are by just typing something in with your keyboard, haha.

Can anyone send me a baseline "performance" tune for a 2011 camaro ss? Or some tips/guides on where to start? Tuning is fun, I've just never done it completely from scratch and by myself, and don't want to blow up any of my friends' brand new cars. Basically I wouldn't mind learning how to tune correctly (off narrowband o2's) on my friends brand new car as long as I could do it quickly (100 miles or less driving), and since the car's stock I'm sure many other tunes are similar.
    Last edited by airattack111; 12-05-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by airattack111 View Post
    Hi I've been having HPTuners for a few years now, I tuned my car "with help" a few years ago. I now have a cammed car and left it to the professionals, and only use hptuners for thermostat changes, gear changes, ses changes, etc. I've recently tuned a turbocharged cobalt ss (intake,exhaust) with the help of someone online, big power difference, no kr, etc. I've also tuned a 4.8 (intake/exhaust) truck with help from someone online and following a basic tuning guide I found, definetely woke the truck up, had a little knock at first but I smoothed the timing tables and decreased the kr cells and runs great now.

My buddy just bought a 2011 camaro ss M6, he's around 1000 miles and asking me for a tune. I'm really not a pro at tuning, but I know what 80% of the editable tables do; having a good understanding of tq mngmt, transmission, rpm limiters, timing charts, ltft's, stft's, kr/adv, power enrich. I also know how dangerous certain tables are by just typing something in with your keyboard, haha.

Can anyone send me a baseline "performance" tune for a 2011 camaro ss? Or some tips/guides on where to start? Tuning is fun, I've just never done it completely from scratch and by myself, and don't want to blow up any of my friends' brand new cars. Basically I wouldn't mind learning how to tune correctly (off narrowband o2's) on my friends brand new car as long as I could do it quickly (100 miles or less driving), and since the car's stock I'm sure many other tunes are similar.
    Nah, too easy. You know basically what to do. Start with PE. Get your AFR lined out, then dump some timing to it.

Set the Throttle opening rate to 100 if it isn't already.

Kill BKR in the tune, then adjust other safety tables where you want them. Enjoy!
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

I agree, if it is stock, nothing crazy needed.