Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LB7 How-To?

No prob. and if you want me to look it over, just let me know. best of luck
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training
    Well, after talking to him, he DOES want to put exhaust and an EGT in, which is great news...BUT, he also tells me he's sometimes pulling 15k lbs with it....

What are your thoughts on that as far as tuning goes?

JC

Senior Tuner
    My theory differs a little from mr. bond, I prefer to modify the pulse width table only, but that is more of a personal thing. At 15k lbs I would say 5% to the injection table, same to the boost, use the timing calculator, and try it. The torque management should be left stock or close to it if you want it to live.

Tuner in Training
    The 15k lbs was a huge surprise to me, and I put off his project until I could pick a couple folks brains.

On the Lb7 boost table, are we talking about "desired boost max vs. baro vs. rpm?

If so, it's maxxed at 255kpa from 1400 all the way down.

Is there more to be done in the baro adder or is the table I'm really looking for the 'egr off" table under desired boost?

JC

Senior Tuner
    Desired boost egr on and off. The table you are refering is the limiter table, the one I said was hard coded. Some LB7 duramaxs had a feature on the tow haul button were you held the tow haul for 2 seconds and it disabled 5 gear. You should find out if this truck has it. Should be used into the wind or uphill when that trailer is on.

Tuner in Training
    It only has desired boost egr off, no "on" table. I'll check it for the 5th gear disable...that's a good idea.

JC

Senior Tuner
    Post the file, it has to have egr on, unless that has been removed too.........

Tuner in Training
    LOL

Here it is, it's just a stock file I pulled from the repos from an identical vehicle.

JC

Senior Tuner
    hmmm, new one on me. Send it to support and ask to have the table added. It is present in all the LB7 files I have.

it really needs to be there to tune it.

Senior Tuner
    My mistake! there is no egr on that one, just modify the egr off table! Unless you are from cali with some wierd emmisions thing I have not seen. Newer OS's have both, never seen one that did not. But in this case does not matter.

Tuner in Training
    I can have a friend re-flash the truck at the dealership if that would be advisable before moving forward...? (assuming his has the same tables as the demo file I got from the repos)

JC

Senior Tuner
    No, dont worry about it. Not required for your truck, an oversight on my part(thank mr. bond, he pointed it out). Just modify the egr off table for boost.