Thread: P.U.K. Codes in GM Holden LS1 models

Potential Tuner

P.U.K. Codes in GM Holden LS1 models

Hi and congratulations on such an excellent product, and forum for support.

I am in Australia and all we have a choice of is LS1 Edit and LS1 Edit. I have been passed on HP's details by a friend in the U.S.A. and I'm most certainly glad he did. I always thought there would have to be a decent alternative to LS1 Edit. Yours is more then just an alternative, it's the bench mark from what I have seen!

I'm very interested in purchasing a HP Tuners package as I'm importing long 427 LS1 engines over here for sale in our GM Holden V8 powered vehicles. My question is this;

1.) In the 2003 model and up GM Holden LS1 V8 the PCM has the security code (P.U.K. code) in it. It was a popular thing over here to do mail order reprogrammed PCM's. Even doing reprogrammed PCM swaps. Can your product find the P.U.K. code?

Reason I'm asking this is because I was going to send PCM's to my engine builder/supplier in the U.S. and have them tune the PCM to the specific engine on the dyno. But if the PCM comes back and I attempt to take the original PCM out and put the new one in, nothing will work as the PCM doesn't contain the right P.U.K. code.

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not very familiar with computer programming etc etc. I'm looking forward to purchasing a copy so I can start working on Australian GMH LS1 Powered vehicles also.

Many thanks once again
    There is no replacement for LS1 displacement

Re: P.U.K. Codes in GM Holden LS1 models

Please email me [email protected] so we can discuss. I am in Australia and would like to discuss your requirements.

If it's in the PCM it can be modified, i think i know what you are talking about where the VATS system disables fuel because you need to relearn security

for the engine tuner to tune the engine it may be as simple as disabling VATS on the PCMs you send over, then relink to suit the particular vehicle when you get them back.

I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Re: P.U.K. Codes in GM Holden LS1 models

E-mail sent and thanks for your help.
    There is no replacement for LS1 displacement