Thread: 89 Formula Speedo

Potential Tuner

89 Formula Speedo

I swapped an LS2/4L65e into my 89 Formula (had L98/700R4). Had the car tuned on a dyno by professional shop. Runs Great!
    My speedo is an electronic 140mph speedo (car had a buffer box). At about 20-25 mph the speedo is pegged at 140mph. I know the speedo needs a 4,000 ppm from the ECM to work correctly. Tires are 245/50/16=25.65 and 3.27 gear (correctly entered in the other tab). LS2/4L65e are stock (headers & CAI) from an '06 GTO.
    Attached is a screenshot from the shop tune. Is this correct for my application?

speedo.JPG.

Thank You,
    Brian

Which PCM do you have? Those settings are not correct for the PCM speedo output.
    You need to set the output to give 4,000 pulses per mile and in your tune it's set to 41,559 (way too high)

Post your tune
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Potential Tuner
    wbdyno1.hpt

E40 pcm

Thanks for any help. Trying to make the Midwest f-body event this Sat at Road America, Elkhart Lake WI. Finished everything but this issue. Here's a pic with fresh paint.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    I'm wondering if the E40 is the culprit. Most of my friends see screens like the Camaro sample pictured here. Attached is a sample E40 screen which looks very similar to mine with slight trans corrections.

Change it to 4000 pulses and test. If your speedo needs a 4000 ppm so be it.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Potential Tuner
    Dakota Digital Tech support said GM has a 'dirty' signal. They sent me this diagram in order to wire in a filter.
    Set the first 2 switches to ON and output to 4000ppm and it works.