Thread: Problem with scanner, help please

Potential Tuner

Unhappy Problem with scanner, help please

New Problem!

My scanner is missing several PIDs from the Primary Table display.

These include:
    TPS (V)
    knock retard
    burst knock
    commanded afr
    commanded IAC
    actual IAC

And a few more

When I go to insert them back into the primary they are no longer listed and the table now says <unsupported Parameter> in each of the missing PIDs place.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix it?

Potential Tuner
    After some searching I found that I just needed to reconnect the scanner to the vehicle and everything is there again!

I have a similar problem. I installed VCM Suite on the CD that came with my scanner interface. It was a beta version. That laptop is on its last leg and I have installed recent versions on 2 other laptops. Anything I tune and scan as a new vehicle will log Knock Retard, but If I log a vehicle tuned by the older beta software, it will show as "Unsupported" on the new software and laptops. I can use the old laptop with beta version and it will show and log knock retartd. Any suggestions?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandong007 View Post
    I have a similar problem. I installed VCM Suite on the CD that came with my scanner interface. It was a beta version. That laptop is on its last leg and I have installed recent versions on 2 other laptops. Anything I tune and scan as a new vehicle will log Knock Retard, but If I log a vehicle tuned by the older beta software, it will show as "Unsupported" on the new software and laptops. I can use the old laptop with beta version and it will show and log knock retartd. Any suggestions?
    email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"