Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTS 6-Speed Auto Trans. Tuning Guide *Updated version now available*

Talking TTS 6-Speed Auto Trans. Tuning Guide *Updated version now available*

Hello everyone,

Our 6 Speed automatic transmission tuning guide has been recently updated to version 3.00. The new version has improvements from more development time as well as more specific details, such as more vehicle specific pressures.

If you have a version older than 3.00 and would like to update, please contact [email protected] so we can help you.

If you don't already own one of these guides, the information about it can be found here: http://www.thetuningschool.com/produ...-courses/4042/

Our 6 Speed automatic transmission tuning guide has been published for about 2-3 years now, and was the result of a year-long R&D process with several 6-speed auto equipped cars and trucks.

Thanks,
    Bob

www.thetuningschool.com 727-264-8875

Written specifically for HP Tuners and your LS based vehicle.

Learn at home, or at one of our live seminars!

Advanced Tuner
    How do I go about getting this update?

Send us an email or call us at 727-264-8875. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    I have sent two emails since you posted this on the 6th?
    Last edited by superwagon; 01-11-2012 at 11:01 PM.

I do not show any emails about this, please be sure you send to [email protected]

Alternately, you could PM me your phone number and we would be happy to call you.

Thanks,
    Bob

Senior Tuner
    Received mine yesterday. Well done Ian and Bob! I have not read all but what I have is very informative and straight forward. Excellent work!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Received mine yesterday. Well done Ian and Bob! I have not read all but what I have is very informative and straight forward. Excellent work!
    Do you think it is worth the money? I was pretty disappointed that they want more money for this update after spending so much for the beginner and advanced course to begin with!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by superwagon View Post
    Do you think it is worth the money? I was pretty disappointed that they want more money for this update after spending so much for the beginner and advanced course to begin with!
    Just sent my email today.

Awaiting a response.

In the past those that purchased the Beginner Learn-At-Home Course received the then non existent...then later free, VE/MAF Tuning Guide!

I'll update the thread with the additional cost associated with receiving the thread subject update.

**I purchased the Advanced Learn-At-Home Course Version 2.0.0 which included the 6 speed tuning guide. Can someone from www.thetuningschool.com comment if this UPDATE is in addition to what I currently possess?**
    Last edited by Cantalope Kid; 01-15-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    I received a email from them that said it was 15.00 for the updated info. It is not a lot of money but I feel like I paid a premium price for the courses and thought updates like this would be included.

Senior Tuner
    Won't know for sure until I test their recommend changes.

Talking

I received a email from them that said it was 15.00 for the updated info. It is not a lot of money but I feel like I paid a premium price for the courses and thought updates like this would be included.
    Hello,

On our 6-speed tuning guide, we provide FREE updates for a 3 month period after purchase date. After that, we only charge $15.

The $15 covers our material costs AND shipping to you. I don't think this is unreasonable in any way.

Thanks,
    Bob

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Thank you, we are glad you like it! To also answer the other questions posted, some of the improvements in the update relate to specific vehicles, such as Camaro, G8, Trucks, and the 2010 1/2 and newer that have changes.

I would like to note that during the support process, we like to look for trends and see what people are asking. We then add those answers into the next revision, which is what we did here. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-19-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    Just sent my email today.
    Mandy has been replying and helping those who have emailed, and will be returning those emails sent over the weekend shortly.

Thanks,
    Bob

Senior Tuner
    FWIW, I purchased mine on 5/11/2011 and it is V. 3.0.0 so it's not like this is a very recent update.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm I purchased when you first released your advanced course a couple of years ago and this is the first update I have heard about. I guess 3 months of updates didn't help me out any! one of the reasons I purchased this was for the 6 speed info, I have only tuned one truck with the six speed and following your course instruction didn't work out well for his truck.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    FWIW, I purchased mine on 5/11/2011 and it is V. 3.0.0 so it's not like this is a very recent update.
    Correct, I just wanted to post to let people know.

Talking

Hmm I purchased when you first released your advanced course a couple of years ago and this is the first update I have heard about. I guess 3 months of updates didn't help me out any! one of the reasons I purchased this was for the 6 speed info, I have only tuned one truck with the six speed and following your course instruction didn't work out well for his truck.
    If you were not happy with how the persons truck performed, you should have called us for help, as you do get free support.

Some people like transmissions to shift nice and firm, and others not so much.
    Sometimes you need to go a little deeper and make a few tweaks, which again is the purpose for our support model because we know you will need help, sometimes!

I think what I'm saying is.... I would recommend you give us a call so we can further help you.

Our number is 727-264-8875.

Thank you,

Bob

Tuner in Training
    Curious what did't work so well. I am interested in buying this as I want to make the correct adjustments to have a good long life on the trans, while being somewhat aggressive. I understand that tuning this a6 incorrectly could cause very premature failure. I would assume the guide has different settings for firmness based on different peoples liking. Thanks for the feedback.

Senior Tuner
    I've used it on Vettes with good results. The one truck I tried it on the shifts were way too hard and harsh. The downshifts where it would drop down more than 1 gear were unbearable.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    I've used it on Vettes with good results. The one truck I tried it on the shifts were way too hard and harsh. The downshifts where it would drop down more than 1 gear were unbearable.
    It was a while ago that I did mine, but if I remember correctly it was a similar situation.