Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TTS 6-Speed Auto Trans. Tuning Guide *Updated version now available*

The new version, 3.0 has more specific information, such as pressures that are specific to Trucks, Camaro, G8, etc...

This helps when you tune different vehicles to dial them in more quickly and have less changes to make to get the shift firmness how you like it.

Thanks,
    Bob

www.thetuningschool.com 727-264-8875

Written specifically for HP Tuners and your LS based vehicle.

Learn at home, or at one of our live seminars!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The new version, 3.0 has more specific information, such as pressures that are specific to Trucks, Camaro, G8, etc...

This helps when you tune different vehicles to dial them in more quickly and have less changes to make to get the shift firmness how you like it.

Thanks,
    Bob
    I'm looking at 3.0.0 right now. What page is this on? I'm not seeing it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SICK WS 6 View Post
    I'll grab a copy tomorrow and elaborate.

Thanks,
    Bob

Senior Tuner
    Parameters for the specific vehicles as well as stock and aftrmarket converter is covered on page 20 and 21.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Parameters for the specific vehicles as well as stock and aftrmarket converter is covered on page 20 and 21.
    Niether page discusses pressures specific to different vehicle types. It explains the different shift pattern types used by the different vehicles though.

Senior Tuner
    Niether page discusses pressures specific to different vehicle types. It explains the different shift pattern types used by the different vehicles though.
    It tells you what to change pressures based on factory pressures. Maybe you don't have the same book as I do.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    It tells you what to change pressures based on factory pressures.
    I just checked it, and you are correct. Page 20 helps you determine how much shift pressure to add based on the following factors:

- Stock or Aftermarket torque converter
    - Drive or Sport mode (to allow you to make softer settings for drive, and firmer for sport)
    - Factory shift pressures (allows you to add more in a controlled manner,not just a single "Add X amount across the range")

Also on page 21 are 3 tables which explain the X,Y, and Z patterns by vehicle type. Pontiac G8, Corvette & Camaro, and Trucks are the patterns listed.

In addition to these changes, the guide was updated with information specific to 2010 1/2 and newer where some tables had changed from the factory.

I hope that helps clarify.

Thanks,
    Bob

Tuner
    My misunderstanding. I was looking for specific information on pressures for each different vehicle per the below.

Thanks,
    Bob

I understand, no problem!

Thanks,
    Bob

I have the 6 speed auto update version. You just cant beat it.

I mostly tune Corvettes, Camaros, and trucks. The book is easy to follow with a step by step process. Ive used it for stock to supercharged vehicles with stalls. I have by base line tranny tune for several set ups, and taylor it to the owner request. Just like tuning the engines, it should be a methological approach which is spelled out for you in the book. When tuning the stalled cars, I follow the book and they shift great.

For you guys that are bitching about spending $15.00 bucks for the update, maybe playing with cars isnt a good investment for you.

These guys have done the R&D for you. Use it and feel comfortible

Tuner in Training
    Very helpfull manual.
    I have a question. In looking over the various tables I see under the engine tab there is a torque management tab and in there are Max Torque tables for each gear. In the trans tune manual you make changes in the trans/torque management section there. Are these changes based upon the torque management setting in the engine tab remaining at stock values or are they independant? Do the max torque values in Engine/torque management section affect what would be set in the Trans/Torque Management section or visversa?

I just ordered this ! I mean if you are just wanting ideas sure ! But maybe throw in a trouble shooting section on more downshift info and what cause certain issues?

Quote Originally Posted by G8V8 View Post
    Very helpfull manual.
    I have a question. In looking over the various tables I see under the engine tab there is a torque management tab and in there are Max Torque tables for each gear. In the trans tune manual you make changes in the trans/torque management section there. Are these changes based upon the torque management setting in the engine tab remaining at stock values or are they independant? Do the max torque values in Engine/torque management section affect what would be set in the Trans/Torque Management section or visversa?
    There independent from the TCM TM.
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbtri View Post
    I just ordered this ! I mean if you are just wanting ideas sure ! But maybe throw in a trouble shooting section on more downshift info and what cause certain issues?
    Thank you for the feedback, we will look at adding those ideas into a future revision.

Bob

Advanced Tuner
    hi,

we're trying to get this update through our consociate IFS in LA.
    but after several e-mail no answers yet.
    can you help us?

bye

Quote Originally Posted by Christian GM View Post
    hi,

we're trying to get this update through our consociate IFS in LA.
    but after several e-mail no answers yet.
    can you help us?

bye
    Yes, I believe you are working through a gentleman named Bill, with whom I've been speaking. I've got your updated version ready to go. Bill can pass the information along to you.

Thank you,
    Bob

Advanced Tuner
    correct,
    thank you!

Thanks,
    Bob
    If we order new, do the updates come with a new purchase?

Advanced Tuner
    I got my updated guide this weekend and it looks really good! I was only able to give it a quick look but I can't wait to give it a try on my next 6 speed. Thanks Bob and Ian!