Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MAF not dialing in

MAF not dialing in

Anyone have this problem. I set up the histogram copy and paste with mult% but for what ever reason after doing this 3 times back to back it does not appear to be getting much better. Am I doing something wrong here or is this a 20 time process here?
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure if you have a wideband, standard or pro interface or what procedure you have been following. The MAF is fairly straight forward to dial in. This may help you out http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=26
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Not sure if you have a wideband, standard or pro interface or what procedure you have been following. The MAF is fairly straight forward to dial in. This may help you out http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=26
    That was what I did exactly. Numbers were all in the teens and after copy and pasting using the multiply % feature 3 times it does not appear to be moving too much. Not sure whats wrong with it. I do have a WB02 and standard
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

Advanced Tuner
    watch this video to get your wideband setup correctly. It maynot be the model you are using, but it goes into detail on the histrogram stuff you maybe having trouble with.

http://www.thetuningschool.com/downl...p_wideband.wmv

And use flames JPG to setup the maf correctly. If the wideband isnt reading i dont think it will show up in the maf table.

I will go ahead and try his hist set up. When I dialed this in way back in the day I though I just copy & paste special-mult % to the MAF airflow vs freq table. Why would this not be working now? I didnt even need the WB02 last time to do this.

I just looked to set it up and I think that is what I was already logging. Look how high the MAF hz is getting with the same results. I looked at some other MAF settings from others, and mine are way high. Something has to be not set up right or busted.
    Last edited by domestic rice; 01-08-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have it in the chart also? MAF HZ? post a cfg your using and your last log so i can see whats going on..
    Last edited by Asylumwarp; 01-08-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Here is the confg

That tune has the MAF failing at 1400 Hz, which you're exceeding at idle. You have yourself and SD tune there. And it may not be apparent because you have the P0103 set to MIL on second error so it will only fail every other ignition cycle.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    That tune has the MAF failing at 1400 Hz, which you're exceeding at idle. You have yourself and SD tune there. And it may not be apparent because you have the P0103 set to MIL on second error so it will only fail every other ignition cycle.
    Damm I didn't even notice that. No wonder. Well after this help and the hours asylum spent helping me out last night I hope to get this dialed in in no time!

Thanks guys!

Advanced Tuner
    You know this whole time working, i've never really checked over your actual tune to make sure its setup correctly, and thats why i missed the 1400hz fail also DOH! Get that fixed before messing with MAF tuning or your chasing your tail....

did the config work??!?! post a log/tune/config we made.. lemme check it out im curious is to how the 3 hours spent went last night..

Advanced Tuner
    I just glanced over your tune, and i see alot of stuff to address..

Something is still not right. The histo we made are not working and the upper hz are way jacked up.

You need to log MAF HZ in the table, I don't know what config your using, but when I plugged mine it, it didn't show anything.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    You are not in MAF only. Look at the pic and change that to 0.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Advanced Tuner
    i need your cfg file posted so i can look it over.. Whenever you post a log post your cfg file too so we can see your log with a working config. without a config for your log, we are blind.
    Last edited by Asylumwarp; 01-10-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Got your config working so i could see your log..
    But remember as Flame pointed out, you were only tuning your MAF at 4k and above, using your VE/MAF tables below, showing me your VE tables might be off too. Someone else point anything in out in the jpgs were missing? Is dynamic air your VE tables calculated air? And MAF lb/min is how much its getting via MAF? If thats the case, the log points out a very big difference and i believe we are working to try to make these as close as possible so the transition from VE/MAF is as smooth as possible correct? If this is true, something is miscalibrated, and by looking at the log, the MAF is OFF, the VE is also off. But get the MAF on first, then the VE next. I would add 10 percent to the MAF table from the looks in those areas in the pic on your tune, smooth the rest from there up. The log seemed to work for me after i fixed a few things. Its hard for someone to jump in and say do this/that when they dont know how we set it up.
    Last edited by Asylumwarp; 01-10-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    And heres your VE table...
    Heck heres the config file i used to get your log working if that helps you.
    Last edited by Asylumwarp; 01-10-2012 at 10:42 PM.

here is the config

Advanced Tuner
    look at this

Why do you need a user defined PID for AFR Error?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game