Thread: GMPP LS3 controller be made to controll T56 reverse lockout solenoid?

GMPP LS3 controller be made to controll T56 reverse lockout solenoid?

Wondering, first of all, if the GMMP LS3 controller from the kit can be programmed to activate the reverse lockout solenoid on the T56. And if so, what else do i need besides adding a wire to the computer for that circuit. I can't remember if it has a speed sensor or not, I think it does.

Thanks,
    Scot

GMPP OS12638778 and OS19211212 both have the reverse lockout feature active in the calibration. They are setup to lockout reverse above 5 Km/h and enable reverse below 3 Km/h.

Obviously you will need accurate VSS input to the ECM for this function to work.

OS12638778 and OS19211212? Is this a number in the operating system itself? Just assuming from the "OS".

Quote Originally Posted by samckitt View Post
    OS12638778 and OS19211212? Is this a number in the operating system itself? Just assuming from the "OS".
    Those are two common GMPP operating systems (OS). When you (or your tuner) read the calibration, if it is one of the above OS, then the reverse lockout function should be active - as long as you have an accurate VSS signal to the ECM.

Anyone have a wiring diagram that would explain what I have to add to the GMPP harness for the T56 reverse lockout?

Quote Originally Posted by samckitt View Post
    Anyone have a wiring diagram that would explain what I have to add to the GMPP harness for the T56 reverse lockout?
    Looks like you have taken about an 18 month break from this project ...

The early GMPP wiring harnesses and calibrations were based on the CTS-V. Find yourself some 2006 or 2007 CTS-V schematics.

One side of the Reverse Lockout Solenoid goes to power ... the other side goes to ECM connector C3 (Grey) pin 8.

I had forgotten I posted it here. I have been slowly working on the car & recently added the PWM fan control circuit & want to add the reverse lockout circuit too.

Had been searching for info on where to connect it. Thought I would try here.

Connecter 3, Pin 8 - RL. Now it makes sense, LOL

Potential Tuner
    Bumping this thread. I dont see the option for RLO in Transmission settings for my GMPP/E67 configuration? I've added the pin, and now i'd like to ensure it's active, but there's no parameter available?

TIA!

Advanced Tuner
    After getting my VSS connected and tuned correctly, I connected the E67 ECM RLO control line to my Tremec Magnum and it works perfectly. In version 4.12.4 of the VCM Editor, this is what I see:
    2022-08-13_11-35-38.jpg

Senior Tuner
    If you can't. I've seen some hotrodders wire it so when the brake pedal is pressed the solenoid is off so that you can get it into reverse.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    After getting my VSS connected and tuned correctly, I connected the E67 ECM RLO control line to my Tremec Magnum and it works perfectly. In version 4.12.4 of the VCM Editor, this is what I see:
    2022-08-13_11-35-38.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. I have the same CAGS table, but no RLO option, with the same HPT version as well. I haven't fully connected (missing 12v input side of RLO switch connection currently) but was curious if the RLO table only appeared after you corrected your VSS table (assumingly in speedometer)?

Advanced Tuner
    Good question! Now that I think back on it, I believe I asked HPTuners to add the transmission ratio table to my tune. That may also have "turned on" the RLO table. So my tune file may uniquely have this table:

TransRatios.jpg

Potential Tuner
    Again, super helpful pannetron! Thanks! I also sent you a private message, if you have a moment to review that.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg87 View Post
    Again, super helpful pannetron! Thanks! I also sent you a private message, if you have a moment to review that.
    Answered PM and here's the screen grab I couldn't attach... Those settings work for my Tremec Magnum, 3.60:1 rear gear, and 275/40x18 tires.

VSS-fix.jpg