Thread: 6-2 downshift flare?

6-2 downshift flare?

I am unsure as to what to do here ? Has anyone seen this in there setup? I have a lsx poke to mild 427 afr heads and tony put a decent cam in it 639 lift 239 duration! Not making crazy power but enough to make it rev to 6890 rpm flare like crazy !
    6l80 trans
    2009 g8Attachment 32124

log file

here is logAttachment 32125

Check why your Shift Time Torque Adder 6-2 downshift normal & special tables are 3 sec!

Russ Kemp

thanks russ

I am not sure why they are there ! Do you think me moving them to zero will eliminate this issue ?

I am forsure lost

I dont see why the car rev limiter doesnt stop this flare !

So here is the story !
    50 mph hit wot ........alot of rpms 7000 then clunk little boom and 2nd gear car got sideways and retared ! I can see the flare all day in the log ! why wont it just go into 2nd and go ?
    6-3 does same damn thing !
    its fine if i roll into throttle alittle goes threw gears pretty fast and is all good no banks rpms spikes!

Here Is New Logs And Tune!

Post your stock tune.

Russ Kemp

Under Transmission > Auto Shift Properties > General tab, return all values to stock.

Then under the Shift time tab, return all values to stock. Next multiply the stock Desired Shift Time upshift & power downshift fields by .25. Then zero the Min Power Downshift fields. Leave the CL Downshift fields stock.

Now go to the Shift Pressure tab, starting with stock values add 60 psi to the entire table of the Base Shift Pressure Upshift tables (X,Y & Z). Also add 60 psi to the Downshift pressure table. Leave the Discrete Shift Torque Mode tables stock.

Then I lower the shift time fields to firm the shifts or increase the shift times to soften the shifts.

On some vehicles, disabling the trans upshift & downshift torque reduction is just too harsh. On those vehicles, I enable the upshift & neutral down skip torque reduction. Then multiply the Cold Multiplier table by .5 or .25 to reduce the upshift & downshift spark retard by 50% or 75%. I always disable the Power Downshift torque reduction field though.

Russ Kemp

Russ K

Russ I wanna thank you first for even taking the time to look at my post ! I been in contact with steve williams ( Frost ) and he has his hands in it . So I am gonna keep my hands out until he figures something out ! I do wanna than you for posting and taking that time buddy !

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing the same thing.

no

steve is working on it and i posted another thread but no one really seems to have a fix for this !