Thread: Questions regarding re-flash

Questions regarding re-flash

So I have been hard at work with a tuner to get my car where I want it. I ordered your product and have a question.

If I "read-in" my pcm and then the dealer flashes it to fix the column lock bypass issue, how do you proceed?

Can I send back the tuned settings?

I guess what I am asking is how the program recovers when PCM changes are made outside the program...

Re: Questions regarding re-flash

You can have a problem if the OS ID put in by the dealer with the latest system is different as the one being flashed by the standard version... which is why you should always flash a full bin to resolve these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Highlander
    You can have a problem if the OS ID put in by the dealer with the latest system is different as the one being flashed by the standard version... which is why you should always flash a full bin to resolve these issues.
    Ok... so can the STD version cope with this?

The change you are talking about is a change made to the operating system. When a change like that is made you will have to re-do your tune.

Our copy/paste features are very functional for the tables so it should only be a little bit of tedius work remembering everything you've changed.

The ideal way would be to have your dealer flash your car to the latest upgrade and then proceed with your tuning.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner

We thought of this brianw21.

There are alot of things you can do with the editor besides edit and paste within the program.

For instance you can copy any table (or part of) in the edtor and save it in a excel file. If you label each area in the excel file you, will have a backup copy of those tables if you paste more than one. An example would be putting the spark table, MAF and trans shift tables on the same excel file. Try it.

This is also good for sharing tables with your friends without having to give them a copy of your binary.

This way if you have a buddy with a Corvette, but you own a Firebird you can still share info without having to purchase a second definition file.

As long as the tables are the same size, this will work without problems. If the tables are different sizes, you can correct the area in question.

As I mentioned before, you can copy and paste parts of the table as well.

Ken

Tuner in Training

Ken,

" This way if you have a buddy with a Corvette, but you own a Firebird you can still share info without having to purchase a second definition file. "

That would be very handy.... so... on that note...

Any 'Vette or Firebird owners have the spark advance tables on stock programming that they would post here? I'm curious where GM runs the LS-1 stock.

I haven't done a run recording airflow and RPM yet to see exactly where I would be on the map WOT but just from looking at the map I'm amazed at how little advance there is on my 2004 GMC Sierra. I'm sure that is for a large safety margin for when towing for owners that use horrible gas.

Shawn

Tuner in Training

Here ya go

Stock files from 2001 TransAm WS6

http://www.mindspring.com/~n8kid/hptuner/

I have the copy/paste into excel but didn't feel like typing in all the lables, so there are also jpg captures for your reference

2001 TransAm WS6 Mods? What mods?

My stock tables are different from yours... hmm...

Tuner in Training

Thank you very much.

I'll post the same from my truck tonight if anyone is interested. It is almost comical the timing setup in it. On the high octane map there are actually points ATDC and in the lower right half of your map where you are at 19 degrees the truck is running 11 degrees and over a wider area too. It is very very conservative in its timing.

Shawn

Would you guys like me to setup some sort of file sharing through the forum/site?

Yes, please. No sense everyone re-inventing the wheel. ;D
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by The_Highlander
    My stock tables are different from yours... hmm...

What car do you have?
    Is it a huge difference in the hi octane? more or less timing?
    Now my interest is peaked!
    2001 TransAm WS6 Mods? What mods?

it could be said all years... its been a while since I have checked the ls1 tables that I am probably wrong

Senior Tuner

I would absolutely like to see a file sharing facility. The
    "User Login" is a non-operating link but I expect soon
    enough it'll be live for updates etc; do you have enough
    server space to allot so much per customer to files, or
    just set up some kind of drop-box? How to make it more
    than one big scrap-pile, is probably the tricky part. But
    I think the tool will be so much more powerful, when
    you can get the "bits" you need off the shelf....

User login will be for updates and such, but I can also make it so you can upload files there as well and then link to those files publicly through this forum.

Server space is not an issue.

Tuner in Training

Yup, I can see the need to share files. If for no other reason than the diagnosis issues.
    John D. Brown&&2001 Pewter Formula Auto&&10.92 @ 122.32 (1.49) | 6.93 @ 98.66 (1.49)&&MTI 2E Heads & X1 cam | Raceweight: 3390