Thread: Traction control on 3800

Potential Tuner

Traction control on 3800

I want to shut off the traction control and the abs codes. I just put new hubs on 3 months ago and the sensor went bad. swap them out cuz they were under warranty and the new ones did it as well. My shop said its because the wheels are breaking them cuz even when traction control engages the wheels will still break free and spin. Its hurting them and not helping. So if it possible some how through HPT please let me know.

Advanced Tuner
    HP tuners does not do any ABS stuff. Traction control is not breaking your hubs that is the dumbest thing I have every heard. Check for broken wires in the harness going to the front sensors. Start at the sensor end pull the plastic casing off and give the wires a decent pull. Most times they break right at the connector.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Senior Tuner
    I've seen then where moisture actually creeps up the shield of the wire and they will break a couple or more inches from the connector as well. I am selling at least one a day at the dealership here to the guys in the shop. Granted we work on up to 60 cars a day, but the number of that connector with leads Ive sold is insane. Little bit off topic but the MAF and IAT wiring are very prone to this as well!
    2000 Trans Am WS6