Thread: VCM Edit for '03 Trucks

Tuner in Training

VCM Edit for '03 Trucks

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra w/ 4.8L engine. Will I be able to use VCM Edit with the PCM in the truck? I ask because another vendor has been having difficulties with bus collisions, and requires that the PCM be removed and programmed on the bench, requiring the purchase of an additional $125 adapter harness.
    2003 GMC 1500 rcsb 4WD. LQ4, radix @ 7 psi, FLT Level 5 trans., 3.73 axle, 265 - 75 X 17 tires. Needs more bling.

Senior Tuner

Re: VCM Edit for '03 Trucks

We can and have programmed 03, 04 VCM's in the vehicle using high speed mode without any problems.

There was a lot of time and effort spent making sure the interface cable and software could program though the harshest of condtitions.

We do not have problems with data collision and you do not need to remove the VCM or pull fuses.

Ken

Tuner in Training

Thanks for the reply, that's good to hear. Will be buying one once I get my income tax refund :-)
    2003 GMC 1500 rcsb 4WD. LQ4, radix @ 7 psi, FLT Level 5 trans., 3.73 axle, 265 - 75 X 17 tires. Needs more bling.

SO i can open doors and play with the radio and no problem in the vette?

Senior Tuner

You can do all of that and more.

The entire programming session was designed around the fact that nobody want's to go home on a tow truck.

All of that and it takes only 30 seconds to write the entire calibration.

Ken

That is good !!!!

I always worried with the ls1edit and not touching anything...

but now I have SPS too !