Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New scanner VCM Controls

Advanced Tuner
    just updated to beta 513 and the new features are there

Has anyone else tried this yet? I'm thinking of running a trans clean on my 09 VE SS....

I has a annoying issue with the 2nd-3rd gear change *at times*.... Seems like a odd issue with a solenoid... Tried tuning it out no go. Cars only got 68,000km's on it.

It's a ex-cop car so figure this may help.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    Has anyone else tried this yet? I'm thinking of running a trans clean on my 09 VE SS....

I has a annoying issue with the 2nd-3rd gear change *at times*.... Seems like a odd issue with a solenoid... Tried tuning it out no go. Cars only got 68,000km's on it.

It's a ex-cop car so figure this may help.
    It's probably leaky stator o-rings. Do a google search on that. GM changed the the stator/pump cover in 09 to a design with two piece o-rings that seal better. I installed the updated parts in my STS-V and noticed that the gear changes are more consistent now.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

I dunno what stator o-rings are or where they are, I did google it..... stuff about a stator plug maybe....

no idea. where could i look to check?

1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

Advanced Tuner
    I just did the "Cleaning", had to restart the car to get it to drive, kind of scared me at first.

Then I tried a Fast Learn, it got to "calibrating R", then after a minute or so, went to "Failed"

Is it because i have all the apdaptive pressures zero'd and disabled? i tried it twice and failed both times.

on the bright side, im glad my solenoids didn't take a dump on the cleaning, 40k miles and still ticking.

-Carl

I can get the PID's in the chart from the table

I only have one option in tranny diag

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You need to be logging the pids in the table display.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I don't want to beat this subject to death, but on the fast learn I had issues getting the test to perform.

I had the PID in the table, and the VCS controls up. Trans temp around 170F, vehicle in Park at idle. When it said to apply the brake I did so, then after about 4 minutes or so it said aborted. Never changed after stating to apply the brake. I applied the brake and held it down.

Any pointers on what I am doing wrong?

After you hit fast learn, you apply the brake and shift to Drive to initiate the learn process. Do not let off the brake for the entire process once initiated. Follow the prompts on the scanner after that. If you just applied the brake and did not shift to drive, it will abort after approx 5 minutes. Make sure the clutch purge function is enabled. The first thing the trans will do in fast learn is purge the clutches. This may be why some are having problems getting the process to complete. Adaptive pressure must be enabled since that is what fast learn sets up. I am finding out that the process is finicky on modded transmission tunes. I have been trying to find out what actually causes the process to fail. If I find anything out, I'll be sure to let you guys know. Take care!
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Forged 6.2L Flex Fuel Tuned
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Yes, it runs on E85 too and LOVES it! ;D

Advanced Tuner
    Any chance of getting this to work with 2.22 and serial?
    86 Fiero Convertible 3800sc/4T65E HD(2002)

No, these commands are only supported by the newer CAN based ECM's and TCM's.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Hmm...that's a pretty crazy experience if you're not prepare for it. Trans temp shot up from 77C to 92C while it was calibrating D and then it said COMPLETED and the car died.
    That's it. Car dies at the end? No calibration of S (M on the shifter in the Camaro)?

Ok, re-read Chris' first post. It should have asked me to shift to R to calibrate that. I will assume that since it died it sort of aborted the process. I'll try it again.
    Last edited by SICK WS 6; 03-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SICK WS 6 View Post
    Hmm...that's a pretty crazy experience if you're not prepare for it. Trans temp shot up from 77C to 92C while it was calibrating D and then it said COMPLETED and the car died.
    That's it. Car dies at the end? No calibration of S (M on the shifter in the Camaro)?

Ok, re-read Chris' first post. It should have asked me to shift to R to calibrate that. I will assume that since it died it sort of aborted the process. I'll try it again.
    I had three consecutive failures in the Camaro. All steps followed correctly.
    11.49 @ 118 1.49 60' Bolt on 2010 IOM Camaro

www.6l80etuning.com 6L80/90 Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Took it back to the dealer and it failed there as well, must be a converter issue or tranny problem. I do have to rev it up above the test RPM during the cleaning process. The converter must be too loose for this. My buddy runs a converter slightly tighter than mine and has no issues using his MDI.

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Took it back to the dealer and it failed there as well, must be a converter issue or tranny problem. I do have to rev it up above the test RPM during the cleaning process. The converter must be too loose for this. My buddy runs a converter slightly tighter than mine and has no issues using his MDI.
    Aftermarket clutch packs? Most will not pass with packs installed

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NTIMID8 View Post
    Aftermarket clutch packs? Most will not pass with packs installed
    Actually every time Circle D uses the MDI for a reset/learn it works. Mine was the first to fail. I may have another internal problem.

Advanced Tuner
    I will say if you are having shifting issues (and the tuning was done correctly) this will fix your problems. I've done in three cars with issues with 100% success.

Tuner
    Using the MDI, or are you getting HPT to work now?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SICK WS 6 View Post
    Using the MDI, or are you getting HPT to work now?
    Niether will work on my car. But I know both methods work on the G8, CTSV, and Camaro.