Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New scanner VCM Controls

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mvenom408 View Post
    Reflash the ECM/TCM
    No need to re-flash or wait 5+ min to get drive and reverse back. When the relearn is completed just take the key out of the ignition and open the door, then restart the vehicle. That is all it takes. This works for me every time and takes no time to get the trans engaging gears.
    Last edited by Pistolpetep250; 04-30-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Tuner in Training
    so you just hit trans adapt reset then trans fast learn reset then trans adapt preset befor hitting fast learn procedure. when hitting any thing other the procedure it doesnt say it did anything.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
    so you just hit trans adapt reset then trans fast learn reset then trans adapt preset befor hitting fast learn procedure. when hitting any thing other the procedure it doesnt say it did anything.
    You need to bring up the "Trans Fast Learn Status" and "Trans Cleaning Status" channels to monitor the procedures:
    Presentation1.jpg

Tuner in Training
    i did.. i can get the fast learn to work but not the cleaning

Potential Tuner
    How?s it going I?m have a problem getting the fast learn to start at 210 it says it?s to low and at 211 it say to high anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Also should I start the process in park or drive?

Thanks for the help

Potential Tuner
    Similar issues running Fast Learn on a stock file and stock tranny. Trans temps are 165 F to 180 F and it states "temp lo". Step on the brakes, hit the Fast Learn tab, shift the selector to drive, and the RPMs go up to about 1-1.2K. The PID still says temp lo. This lasts about four minutes then the PID states Aborted. If I just try a cleaning process with the trans temp at 170 F, it goes straight into Aborted. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Hi hope someone can help here.
    I just did a 2018 L83 swap in a Land Rover defender with a 2017 6L80E

I was trying to do a fast learn - however I don?t get the tabs for fast learn only the resets tabs
    I have 3 tabs

Trans adapt reset
    Trans adapt preset
    Trans fast adapt reset

Also in the PIDs
    The trans cleaning status and trans fast learn status are both disabled

Thank for any feedback.
    Bal

Tuner in Training
    Chris,
    I been having an issue since doing the transmission relearns. I probably shouldnt have done them.
    I was trying to solve a low boost issue that I now know was caused by the tazer.

But while figuring that out I did the relearn and now I have an issue where my transmission is not shifting fast. Especially at wide open throttle.
    My trans use to chirp gears and shift hard and now it is taking up to 3 seconds for the shift to complete.

I have tried older trans tunes to see if it could fix it. I have had zero luck thus far.

Do you know how I could correct this? 2016 Charger sxt awd

thank you Sir.
    Last edited by BoostBuilder; 11-19-2020 at 02:38 PM.

what temp do I have to get to before the Fast learn enables?

Tuner in Training
    I have the new lower temp thermostat and my trans runs at about 145 deg F, I don't think it will ever hit 70C to run this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by scr71822 View Post
    I have the new lower temp thermostat and my trans runs at about 145 deg F, I don't think it will ever hit 70C to run this.
    You just have to sit there and do a brake stand.

Potential Tuner

When I hit the relearn Trans Button on the Hp scanner nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    You just have to sit there and do a brake stand.
    I'm about ready to go this route to get the stupid relearn to work.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Temp range 165- 175f
    Parking brake on
    Foot on brake
    engine running
    TCM unlocked and tuned
    But when I hit the button nothing happens besides a small blue line around the box. No pop-up or any sounds, or anything that would indicate anything is happening.

Tuner

Relearn Status PID in Channel List

Quote Originally Posted by Tourmoil View Post
    I'm about ready to go this route to get the stupid relearn to work.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Temp range 165- 175f
    Parking brake on
    Foot on brake
    engine running
    TCM unlocked and tuned
    But when I hit the button nothing happens besides a small blue line around the box. No pop-up or any sounds, or anything that would indicate anything is happening.
    Make sure you have the relearn status pid in the channels list and monitor that value.

I have used it several times and it works well.

yeah the trans in mine runs too cool to enter the fast learn/clean,/purge mode.
    I'm thinking i need to splice in a hydraulic shut off valve inline with the cooler line to close off the fluid flow, so i can get up to temp. otherwise i'll be doing the brake/throttle for half and hour before i reach 190 F

has anyone tried vice grips to clamp off the fluid flow to the trans cooler to get it to warm up to enter the special functions?

Potential Tuner
    I just did the relearn on mine and it revs pretty high a couple times and bangs into drive. Never did and reverse gear calibration and said it was complete. Trans shifts better now. It was having a hard time going from 2nd to 3rd under WOT after the supercharger install. Seems to work good now but I can't get traction ����

i tried it again today, put vice grips on the trans cooler hose, got up to 186F, it entered the function mode for a couple minutes then aborted. I'm guessing the special functions are NON-functionable with HPTuners.

i'll have to try a GM scan tool when i visit the dealer, or a trans shop with a snap-on unit

Senior Tuner
    Not all transmissions have the fast learn enabled. I can't remember where I seen it, but there is a cal switch for the fast learn that is switched on for some models. Don't know the reason why.

where is the "cal switch" on k2 silverado?

Tuner in Training
    2015 8L90E swapped into a Square Suburban, factory TCM, have never been able to complete a fast relearn.... been running it now for 2 years and nearly 30k miles, its been trouble free, but boy does it have some shift quality issues.... I figured after 2 years id try the fast learn again with the latest VCM update to see..... same results. monitor "Trans fast relearn status", temps over 167, start the function, pid says shift to D, shift it to D, pid changes to "Purging", you can feel 8 light pluses and sounds, pid changes to "Calibrating D", but from here on out, zero sounds or feels, and after 6 or so minutes it changes the pid to "Abort". I've tried several times, no codes in TCM. tired with a Snap On scanner as well, same result, it shows error and aborts. Any input would be appreciated, attached the trans file.

side notes.

-no BCM.
    -no Gen 5 ecm.
    -its driven with a PCS canbus interface to simulate the Gen 5 inputs. I have the abilities to change many factors for inputs, but non seem to affect the learning abilities.
    -was a brand new GM crate trans, has a Yank 2800 triple disk, stock 2015 TCM from wreckers, Dealer friend flashed in the PUN/TUN data when initially installed, as stated, it works well, just has wildly harsh, hot reverse engagement and intermittent 3-2, 2-1 harsh downshifts (like 90% of stock gm trucks).

Thanks for your help. Gerry
    Attached Files Attached Files